Cat Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all! Reaching out for advice here. We have a senior Persian male with asthma that we're worried about during our long car ride to move residences. He's currently taking Terbutaline daily to help w/ the asthma. He gets really stressed in short car rides. Does anyone have any experience with sedatives or anything else to help the poor guy make it through the ordeal? Any tips on moving long distance with cats in general? My gal is awfully worried and I'm looking to help EVERYONE be at ease. Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
26,389 Posts
Welcome!

I'm taking my 3 girls on an 8-hour car ride soon. My vet prescribed Gabapentin oral solution. He gave me a little extra so I can try it out on Cali, who's the worst. I'm going to give her a dose and take her on a car ride to see if it helps. If not, my vet will give me more so I can give the girls a little stronger dose. It lasts 12 hours. I'm not sure about the combination of asthma and pain meds, but your vet should be able to answer that question. Good luck!

·
Super Moderator
18,409 Posts
Rather than a sedative I'd look into a calming product....Feliway, calming collars, CBD Oil, Rescue Remedy etc.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.