Cat Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently live near Pittsburgh Pennsylvania, and I'm moving to Sioux Falls, South Dakota here very shortly. It's kind of an odd situation, I'll be staying with a friend until I can get an apartment.

I will be flying up since I don't drive, otherwise I would just drive her up with me.

He has dogs, cats and five boys, so I'm more than a little concerned about taking Monkey with me. My mom has offered to baby sit for me until I can get myself together, so I've been looking up different ways to get her to me when the time comes.

I will not, under any circumstances, let my cat get on a plane without me. So that is out. I've been looking into those pet transportation companies, but there are so many of them, and I'm new to this, so I have no idea which ones are reliable and which ones aren't.

Not to mention, I can't even find a ballpark estimate, or even an example, of the cost to ship one animal. So I'm assuming it's going to be pretty pricey.

The only other option I can think of would be to take her with me, and put her in a kennel, but I don't really want to do that. It might end up being more expensive and stressful than a 2 day car ride.

My third option would be to find a private pet sitter that can take her for a couple of weeks, but I don't know anyone.

I don't want to take her into a bad situation (for her), but I'm a little nervous about leaving her here as well. My mom likes her, but I'm worried that I may never see her again. I'm kind of worried that something might come up, and my parents won't be able to send her to me (this is probably just my anxiety making me illogical).

So, has anyone ever been in a situation like this? Any suggestions?

Would any of you be willing to recommend a private sitter in Sioux Falls if you know one? That really is the way I'd prefer to do it. She's fixed and up to date on everything.

Thank you.

·
Premium Member
18,372 Posts
Leave her with mom and when you're ready to get her, fly home and bring her back in the cabin with you. Probably less expensive than most of the options you mentioned. And a whole lot safer.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Flying cats really is simple, animals are not allowed on board flights over here or even in the terminal, hundreds of pets are flown every week with no issues.

No reason you can't have your mum or pet courier get her on the flight and you just collect her on the other end.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.