Cat Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
Hi i could do with some advice please i have a 2 yr old torti who approx 3 months ago lost two older companions ( i say that loosly they tolerated her) anyway i decided to get to brothers who are now 5 months old and have had them about 3months.I hoped being Maisy was still young she would love having Milo and Oscar to play with but it doesnt seem to happening.Initially it was as expected hissing and growling on her part and i did it really slowly over three wks and she seemed to tolerate them as long as they didnt approach her that was at about 4 wks.At around this time she was chased by a dog and ripped one her back claws out and was understandably reluctant to be around the boys incase they hurt her.However we are now 8 wks down the line from this and she still hisses the moment she comes into the house or sees them and she is grumpy and moody growls all the time and doesnt seem to have settled since then.I had hoped when they were nutured they would smell better but that was 2 wks ago and has made no difference.I play with her individually a lot she gets treats and sleeps with me (the boys are in the kitchen).The only thing she has improved on is she will come out from under the bed and sleep with me now and doesnt hide at night.Iv tried everything am i being to impatient or is there any help or advice you can give me please..............thanks

·
Registered
804 Posts
Try giving them all treats when they're together... that way she might associate the treats with their presence. Also, try giving her something with their scent on it in "her space."

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited by Moderator)
the treats is a fab idea havent tried that one, she will happily sleep where they have bin lying now but will try putting an old shirt in there bed,will try anything i hate seeing her so unhappy and they really dont bother her they keep out of her way.Shes fine outside its just in the house.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts