Cat Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

You've all proven really helpful here and seeing as you're more experienced cat folk than I, thought this was the place to ask.

Basically, my partner and I are moving this coming Friday (6th December) - we're well prepared; the Feliways are already plugged in and we're going to keep them in a single room for 24 hours, etc.

However, Christmas is around the corner and we've been struggling with what to do with our kittens (Hendon and Stockwell, aged 5 months). We're due to go and visit my fiance's family which involves a 90 minute drive but what I'm slightly concerned with is that we were planning on staying a few days and they would need to be confined to a new, strange place for a couple of days so soon after a move. (because they'll be coming with us!)

So I guess my question is - will this stress them out even more? There'd be 14 days between moving home and then going for our Christmas visit. I don't want to stress them out too much and they'll have everything they need, they just won't be allowed out of the (very large) room we'd be staying in, just as if we were moving them and confining them to one room for 24 hours.

If that makes sense.

All help and advice very much appreciated!

·
Registered
8,980 Posts
I would hire a petsitter to come in a couple of times a day to feed/play/pet them and leave them home.

·
Premium Member
7,862 Posts
Or let them stay at a boarding place. There are many places that cater to pets over the holidays and pamper them.

If you MUST take them, then be sure and spend a lot of quality time with them in the bedroom with you - I do hope they will be staying in your room with you.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys

A boarding place isn't really an option I'm interested in - either I make daily trips back and forth or they come with us. Looks like the latter.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts