Cat Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, never had this happen before, but I think my kitten Rizz is afraid of the dark. When she first arrived we were having new windows fitted, so I stayed in the spare room with her at night. After that she meowed all night, nothing stopped her but me going in to her. However, I wouldn't give in and nor would she. So tonight out of desperation I left the light on and she is fine, no noise at all.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Could you put a night light in there for her? Or is it your room (I know I can't sleep with any sort of light on)?

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
I'd definitely try a night light then. I always leave them in kitten rooms when I'm fostering (you can get super cheap 2 pack at the hardware store for like $5). If she still cries, maybe sit with her for a little while after you turn the light off just so she knows it's safe, then gradually stop doing it. Poor girl. :(

·
Premium Member
7,862 Posts
I keep LED nightlights in every room of the house. They come on automatically at night. My motivation when I first started using them was to give a bit of light in the bathroom, but then my cats started aging so I now light the way to rooms their litter boxes are in. A kitten is a baby and like any baby can be afraid of the darndest things. Desensitizing is the way to go.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts