Cat Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I normally make my own raw food that I order through hare-today and add the supplements in. It takes a lot of time because I mix three cats worth to last for a few months at a time and jar and freeze all of it. I was looking into Animal Food Services foods this time around, because the price including shipping actually comes out to be way cheaper per day and obviously more convenient because I can order patties. I would be ordering the Beef and chicken patties that do not contain any veggies. Has anyone had any experience with this company or this food? I don't want to place a huge order until I am sure that I am not sacrificing too much by not making my own.

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
The method I use for raw feeding involves no grinding, no supplementing (beyond fish oil) or mixing and is pretty darn cheap. What exactly are you doing in preparing the food? I use the prey model- franken prey style. This website explains that: http://www.rawfedcats.org/

As for the patties, I don't support feeding ground meat so they would be a no for me personally. I also don't know if I'd be comfortable not knowing exactly what went into my food and in what proportions. It is nice that they do not contain veggies, so they are better than some prepared raw diets, so if for some reason you had to go prepared they might be the best way to go. But I do not know anyone who has used this company so I can't be of help with how cats have liked it or their customer service.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I use the catnutrition.org recipe and order the ground meats online. Making the food this way works best for me because I often have other people feed my cats when I am away. I use large chunks of meat in the mix to help keep their teeth clean and they get drumsticks each week to chew on. I am still working on getting them to accept other whole foods but for now they won't touch anything but drumsticks. The afs foods are used in zoos across the country so their prices are much cheaper than foods marketed for pet owners like natures variety. I just posted to find out if anyone has heard of or used this company.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts