Cat Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It has only taken four years to get to this point, but Arwen has finally decided that sitting on my lap and getting petted is a pretty awesome thing. Recently, she would jump up on my lap, but maybe stay for 30 seconds at the most. Well, yesterday, she decided to sit and stay for a while. Now, she wants to stay all day if I let her. I am so happy. She started to try to curl up and sleep but then just laid her head against me and stayed like that, and almost fell asleep. So here are some pictures I took of me and my scraggly looking old lady cat. I was so thrilled with her being on my lap that I am putting a terrible picture of me with no makeup on, LOL.

·
Super Moderator
26,513 Posts
You're giving hope to those here who don't have lap kitties. I wish the twins didn't like my lap so much. Cleo has never been and will never be a lap cat. Ever. But she does like to be right next to me.

Arwen is beautiful.

·
Registered
1,842 Posts
Aww, how sweet! <3 Arwen is beautiful. I'm glad she finally realized laps are a safe place to be...now if only my Alice would realize that (but then I'd have three cats vying for my lap space, lol!).

·
Premium Member
3,536 Posts
That is great news! Now that she knows how good it is to be a lap cat, she is trying to make up for all the lost time! :)

·
Premium Member
8,622 Posts
Way to go, Arwen!! You figured it out, now you know what LAPS are for!:D
Great news Howsefrau!
Sharon

·
Premium Member
7,093 Posts
Aww, she is a sweetie! Part tortie, part tabby? Look at how content she is in that second pic, where she's bending her head forward.

How wonderful that she's showing you this new level of trust! Huh. 4 years from feral to lap cat. In 13 years, Margaux never once sat in my lap, and she was never feral!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts