Cat Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I just brought my two kitties home from the hospital after they had their spay surgery. They are so cute and helpless. Mokey is dealing with it really well, almost like nothing ever happened and Dewey, not so much. They gave me pain meds for them in a syringe. I was hoping these would be the kind of stitches that would dissolve but they have to go back in 10 days to have them removed. This is more complicated than I thought it would be. I feel like I need to keep an eye on them 24/7. Especially my little Dewey. Seems like she is in more pain than Mokey is. She is having trouble getting comfortable. I had to help her lay down, now she is sleeping but I was crying because I didn't know that she would be in so much pain. Mokey doesn't even seem bothered by anything, she's just like "I don't know what just happened but I feel good". And they shaved their cute little belly fur. I'm mostly concerned about Dewey though, I know she's going to be fine but I hate seeing her in pain and I know she's really mad at me.

·
Registered
8,961 Posts
Awww, I'm sure she'll feel better in a day or two and no matter how sore she is now it's better than her being in heat and unable to get relief. Good on you for having it done so quickly and for comforting her so much.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Aww, I'm sorry your kitties are in pain (especially Dewey), but it's for the best. They'll be happier in the long run. Plus, it's only the first day home. A few days at home with lots of rest will help a lot, I'm sure.

Just be careful to watch the stitches. My grandmother had a cat who tore her stitches out several times. They finally were able to stop her enough for it to heal, but her skin sags down now where she pulled at her stitches.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks. Dewey is so cute sleeping right now. I don't think she hears anything right now. Mokey is keeping her company.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just be careful to watch the stitches. My grandmother had a cat who tore her stitches out several times. They finally were able to stop her enough for it to heal, but her skin sags down now where she pulled at her stitches.
Ouch. I keep obessively looking at their stitches. I hope that doesn't happen. I should of got those cones they put over their heads.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Aw, the poor babies! I know it's really stressful to see your kitties after surgery, well done for being so vigilant! I bet they're back to normal in a day or 2.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts