Cat Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I adopted my kitten, they didn't tell me how old she was. What is the best to figure this out, besides a vet check-up? I've found a few charts and whatnot that describe a kitten's age by behavior, but they tend to be very broad, such as "12-32 weeks". I was looking for some physical signs, such as teeth, weight, etc.

Also, it's hard to tell if she's overweight or underweight. She's very bony, but at the same time she doesn't seem to have much of a waist, though it could be because of extra skin, since she seems to have a lot of that.

And one last question: After she eats her wet food, she invariably gets the hiccups. She always has, since I got her a few months ago. She's been on three different brands of wet food, and it seems to occur no matter what. Is that normal, or something I should be concerned about?

Sorry for all the questions, I'm a first time cat owner. :eek:)

·
Registered
10,235 Posts
The best way to find out is to consult your vet for the weight and age issue, they go hand in hand. But concerning the hiccups, my cat Sugar gets that sometimes. She'll eat and hiccup later, I think that is pretty normal. :wink:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well, i think she's about five months, and she weighs five pounds. does that sound about right, at least? it sounds like kind of a lot, because my full grown cat weighs only eight pounds and she's ten years old. but my kitten has bones sticking out all over the place. when she's sitting or laying down, her shoulder blades touch. is that normal...?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts