Cat Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
628 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been fixing strays and ferals, and one cat we kept. My sisters mother-in-law had a cat that appeared on her porch who was a few months old, then she kept her for a couple more months, decided she didn't want her, and wanted to dump her at the pound.

Well, I took the cat, got her spayed and vaccinated, and I decided to keep her. She is about 6 months old and we named her Sita.

Our 10 month old girl, Radha, is harassing her non-stop. Today, she whacked Sita on the nose, and made a big bloody scratch. I was so mad and threw her outside for about 1/2 hour and clipped her nails

The cats went though an introduction. I kept Sita in a room for about a week, and Radha went in a few times. Then Sita gradually began to come out and now she's out and about :roll:

For about a week, Radha has been following her around all day, growling, hissing, and just being really moody. She has made Sita very paranoid. Now Sita is very scared and hisses at all the other cats.

What can I do about Radha? They are both spayed females that are 4 months apart. Will they just eventually get used to each other....or should I teach Radha, somehow, that she is not allowed to do this to Sita?

Abhay

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
You may have done too short and abrupt an introduction; some cats need several weeks of very careful work. You might want to separate them and start over. We have a couple of articles about this in our library, http://www.littlebigcat.com/index.php?action=library.

Flower essences can definitely help with introductions as well as with conflicts between cats. www.spiritessence.com

Cheers,
Dr. Jean

1 - 2 of 2 Posts