Cat Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I have a cat (the black one) and there is one neighbourhood cat who's very friendly, but my cat hates him. My cat always hisses and meows to him while he is on out garden. And they come close to eachother eye to eye in a violent position, but never seem to fight. The neigbourhoodcat always is the one who sits down first, while my cat makes himself big. The neigbours cat doesnt show violence but for some kinda reason he doesnt care about my cat and just chills in our garden and keeps coming back once in a while. Im concerned about what to do. Will they ever fight? Is my cat in huge distress? My cat is 12 years old. 166805387_4202648549774893_4950121293868690193_n.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
5,554 Posts
If your cat was in "huge distress", he wouldn't even want to go outside, for fear of the black cat. By puffing out his coat and meowing, he's saying "I'm on my own property" by being chill and saying with his body language "you can't bully me." Black cat by sitting down first is showing less dominance. If your boy was truly afraid he would run away and try to get into the house, and he's not doing that but standing his ground by hissing and meowing at him. Hard to say they will ever fight. At 12 yrs, I doubt it would be your boy who starts it. Does black cat go away if you go outside when he's there? An automatic hose sprayer would discourage black cat from coming near your house, if you really want to change things.

Reactions: Toetie

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The black and white cat (neighbours cat), doesn't go away when i come outside, he even comes for cuddles towards me. I find it a very strange situation to be in. Because my cat hardly gives me cuddles, but this neihgbours cat does. But i dont want my cat to be jealous and unhappy. I dont feed the neighbours cat, he just likes me and likes to stop by to say hello and nap a bit in our garden. I dont mind him at all. But its my cat who hates him. My cat is always looking what the neighbours cat does, and like following him and hissing and being angry. While the neighbours cat attitude is more like 'hey dude chill, why u gotta be so angry all the time i dont wanna fight'. I dont get why the neighbours cat isnt afraid of my aggressive cat and keeps coming back. If my cat really was the dominant one, why would the neighbours cat return everytime?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts