Cat Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all! Like the forum.

My problem is this: I'm slowly introducing a new cat to mine. New kitty is 10 month nuetered male, currently living in the bathroom away from other kitty (4 yr old nuetered male).

I let them peek through the door at each other and swap rooms with them (new kitty in bathroom during the day, old one in there at night). Old kitty will growl, so I put new kitty back in the room right away. However, if new kitty gets out of my reach, he'll zero in on the old cat and just go after him. He's always looking for him, even when they are seperated. (When old kitty is in the bathroom)

Is there a way to curb his agressiveness? He is still a kitten, and plays rough, but he goes for my old kitty. When he is alone he is pleasant and will play with toys and sleep, but when the other cat is in the area, you can't even get him to look the other way, and he redirects his agression. Today it was my foot.

Any ideas? I'm still doing the room swap and scent exchange (with towels). Any help would be great. Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
18,409 Posts
Well, they're obviously not ready for the next step....how long have you had the new kitty? Was he living with other cats in his previous home?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've only had new kitty for a few weeks. Not sure if he was with other cats or not...he found me one night after work, came running across the street and followed me to my door.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts