Cat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
6,955 Posts
Yeah, I was glad to see that all of his sponsorships were pulled immediately. Good for them. He'll probably end up writing a book called, "IF I Fronted A Dog Fighting Ring."

·
Registered
878 Posts
October said:
Yeah, I was glad to see that all of his sponsorships were pulled immediately. Good for them. He'll probably end up writing a book called, "IF I Fronted A Dog Fighting Ring."
I thought he plead guilty to the charges...

·
Registered
2,160 Posts
I told Ken this when got home last night and he said "Awwww, cry me a river." :lol:

I just wish that he didn't have a chance for early release like I read in another article earlier today.

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
the great news is that all but a few of the dogs have new homes, and many are up for or have been adopted. The ones that are too aggressive to be rehabilitaed will live out their lives at Best Friends in Utah.

:D

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
many of the ones up for adoption aren't being advertised as such for obvious reasons. I would imagine many a thug would love the noteriety of having one of these dogs.

I would imagine the screening process is a monumental task, however I have seen a few up on Best Friends site.

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
In a little more than a year and a half this <insert desired explicative> went from being one of the richest men in pro-sports to a nobody with a cell number. He could have killed 2 people in a bar fight and still have had his job and money.

It just shows to go ya that us Americans certainly have some twisted values and priorities...

..BUT DON"T MESS WITH OUR ANIMALS!! And if you do, on the level that Vick did, you are going down. Yeah, his prison sentence was nothing. I have friends that have done more time for less, but the reality is...he got a life sentence, he just doesn't know it yet.

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

·
Premium Member
9,137 Posts
Oppps just got a warning. I didnt think it was offensive but Ive been desensitived cuz of my profession! :roll:

To put it in nice terms ~ I couldnt be more delighted that Mr Vickes has experienced the universes pay back in unpleasant terms!

·
Registered
5,074 Posts
Beginning on April 25, 2007, widespread media publicity was drawn by discovery of evidence of unlawful dog fighting activities at a property owned by Vick in a rural county in southeastern Virginia.[23] Vick was indicted on and eventually pled guilty to federal dog fighting charges, and was accused of financing the operation, directly participating in dog fights and executions, and personally handling thousands of dollars in related gambling activities.

·
Registered
492 Posts
samuscat said:
catnip said:
the great news is that all but a few of the dogs have new homes, and many are up for or have been adopted. The ones that are too aggressive to be rehabilitaed will live out their lives at Best Friends in Utah.

:D
really? i thought once they were dogs in dog fighting rings they had to be put down once they were confiscated. i know thats how it is here in texas at least, which is a horrible thing to do to your dog.

your basicly giving them a death sentence either way, theyre either gonna die in the ring or from being euthanized......
Common misconception. One Vick dog is currently a therapy dog.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/25214356/

Others are doing great.

http://www.badrap.org/rescue/vick/now.html

A note re: the dogs deemed "too aggressive" to be adopted out -- That does not necessarily mean they are aggressive towards humans. Some may have dog aggression that certain people view as unacceptable for society, even though those same people think a Jack Russell trying to eat a Labrador walking by is hilariously cute. In one of the articles catnip posted, it clearly says one dog has a great nature but was deemed "unadoptable" simply due to his past.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts