Cat Forum banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
oops didnt work..never have time to learn this! but i will...
arent all calico's female?

·
Registered
17 Posts
i had a calico with a split face dark and light on either side a long time ago..in the 70's...i anmed her contessa and she was so precious and had long hair but got out of my apartment and i never found her..she was so gorgeous i think someone claimed her
anyway
it s funny
i have had a lot of cats since then...i find homes for cats too
and one day 4 years ago i got it in my head that it sure would be nice to find a cat like my contessa again
then i saw an ad that someone had placed in the paper looking for litters of cats to give away and i called them to see if they had found any and they gave me some phone numbers..i called around and the very first one i went to look at was my girl eclipse...the kids had already named her that because her chin has a black dot and her markings were the same as contessa but not the same persian type hair
what interests me about this story is that i work with metaphysics to help people create the reality they prefer and i created without actually thinking i really would...i had no expectations about it..i had just thought about it and then there she was
it was so cool
i have a special meditative spiritual connection with cats.
[i am sure alot of people on this forum do, i am not special-i just love cats!l

·
Registered
395 Posts
well, i'm not too sure what calico definition consists of but my little one looks very similar to all these cats, except her dark colours isn't as emphasized as some of these beauties that have been posted.

But she is black(?), orange and white like all these cats!

sorry for posting her picture if I'm wrong :S (this is the 3rd thread that picture has been posted now. haha. but it would be nice to know, just because I thought about if she is considered a calico or not this morning]

·
Banned
1,549 Posts
nancyLA said:
jennifer2 said:
Here's Korbel

Here white is mainly on her stomach, so it doesn't show up that much in this pic

looks like you have a "food flinger"!!! I do too!!! it drives me insane, cleaning up the dry food several times a day!
Nooo kidding! Tinkerbell picks up the food, drops it on the floor, and THEN eats it. When I give them tuna it turns into a huge mess!

Great picture by the way -- it cracks me up!

·
Registered
126 Posts
Jockette said:
well, i'm not too sure what calico definition consists of but my little one looks very similar to all these cats, except her dark colours isn't as emphasized as some of these beauties that have been posted.

But she is black(?), orange and white like all these cats!

sorry for posting her picture if I'm wrong :S (this is the 3rd thread that picture has been posted now. haha. but it would be nice to know, just because I thought about if she is considered a calico or not this morning]
She looks like a dilute calico. Dilute calicos are just like regular calicos, except they orange, grey, and white instead of black, brown, and white. Dilute tortoiseshells are the same way: instead of being black and brown, they're grey and orange. Diluted colors are so beautiful, I want a dilute calico someday.

21 - 33 of 33 Posts