Cat Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My boyfriend and I are finally in our new apartment and we both love it! It's nice having a place to ourselves where we don't have to worry about who is coming and going and whether or not Layla is going to escape. There are still a few things that we need to bring but we have the majority of stuff.

We brought Layla over on Thursday night, which was our first night sleeping here. I had a night class and we needed to move some more furniture before bringing her over so it wasn't until midnight that she was here. The original plan (and we all know how cats love those) was to keep her in the bedroom with us and have the door shut so that she would have a "safe place". Well, that worked for about 5 hours. At 5:00 am she started SCREAMING nonstop until we had enough and opened the door to let her explore. Finally after she was satisfied she settled down and went to bed . . . about the same time we both needed to be up of course.

She was so stressed out and scared but that was the last time she seemed distressed. Now it's the opposite, I think she really enjoys having the place to herself and getting to have Jake and I to play with in the mornings since she used to just live with me. The old place had a bigger kitchen and she would have a blast running from the living room onto the tile and sliding across the floor, unfortunately this apartment has a smaller kitchen. Anyway, I'm glad that not only has she settled down but she seems to really love her new home!

I will be taking more pictures as we get finished putting things away, but here are a few from the new place:

Attachments

·
Registered
5,268 Posts
Always nice to have your own place. Glad to hear Layla approves and is settling in. She's absolutely gorgeous! I have a real soft spot for Calicos, and her face with the extreme contrast of a blaze is just adooorable! Lucky you & bf.

·
Registered
4,451 Posts
I'm glad to hear your move went well and that Layla is settling in nicely. Great pictures too...I especially like the last one...what a doll!

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks guys! Hopefully the next pics I post won't be so dark now that we actually have lights.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts