Cat Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is anyone out there tired of too many bowls? Maybe it's just me...but I had too many bowls out...one for adult's dry, two for the adult's wet, one for water, one for the kitten's dry, one for the kitten's wet........

Well, I decided I needed to change that. Now I have one bowl for dry, one for water and as you see below, here's what I came up with for the wet food for my cats:

Sorry it's speckled with food, but they just finished eating! Bagheera was afraid of it at first but now they all like it and it's so cute to see them eat together! It makes me happy! :)

·
Registered
697 Posts
Aw that is so nice. I initially thought I'd be smart and buy a multi bowl thing for my one cat and had a place for wet food, his dry nibbles and water. He loved it, just made a big smush in all by himself then stuck his paw in and licked it off his paw. Now I use seperate bowls.

The question is do they stick to their own bowls :D

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The question is do they stick to their own bowls
Many people have asked this question. I have to physically put them in front of thier section and I'm sure even doing that for a while, they'll still never do it on their own. I do it now because Mango is still on kitten food.

I just liked the personalization. If they learn to use their own section it would be a miracle! 8O

·
Registered
697 Posts
Either way I think it's lovely. Any chance of some pictures of the trio eating from their very funky bowl? :wink:

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
As soon as I can get my daughter to get up early enough to catch them eating breakfast or get her to stay home long enough to catch them eating dinner, I'll post some. In the meantime, I should learn how to use the digital camera! :)

·
Registered
3,331 Posts
That's such a neat idea! I think the choice in bowls is cute too. And I agree, pics of them all together would make it that much cuter :)

I'm sure in time, they'll eventually learn to eat from their own section. Do you have any problems with them eating each others food?

·
Registered
151 Posts
That's a very good idea!

Did you make the bowl yourself? How do you cats know which section of the bowl is theirs?

Anyway, that's a really cute bowl!

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah, the kitten is a terror. She inhales her food (and she gets 4x's more the the other two) then she pushes her way over to the other sides to get theirs. She's lucky they tolerate it and don't do anything about it. They are so good to her...they just look at her with a dumfounded expression as if to say in a gentle way, "hey that's mine!" :(

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Did you make the bowl yourself?
Thanks, yes, I made the bowl at "As You Wish" pottery painting place. It's fun. My kids love to go! :D

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Wow, I have never seen a kitty with a mane that distinct, neat!

Cute bowl by the way, you like peppers?? Hehe.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Cute bowl!!!

I have 8 cats so for their wet food I use 6" paper plates that way I can just throw the plates away when they are done.

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
My cats drink from two drinkwell fountains (one upstairs and one downstairs), although the one upstairs probably tastes like toy mice, since Thomas has learned how to remove the carbon filter and replace it with his furry mice.

For dry food, I have two traditional cat bowls that sit on the counter top, kind of on the breakfact bar area. For wet food, I feed them out of my cereal bowls. I have 16 cereal bowls and it seems like I'm doing dishes all the time! I feed Kitty on the counter near the dry food and Thomas on the floor. Kitty wouldn't eat if the bowls were next to each other. As soon as Thomas comes near her bowl, she leaves it.

·
Registered
3,562 Posts
I have the water fountain too!
I also use small paper or plastic bowls (disposable). I buy the cheap ones. I figure it costs me an extra $1.50 a week and is much easier than having to clean them!

·
Registered
821 Posts
I just got a Petmate water fountain too! They LOVE it! It says on the box that some cats will be skeptical and might not use it....my cats abandoned their water dish as soon as I took this thing out of the box! They supervised while I set it up, and then both proceeded to drink out of it. I'm glad they like it!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts