Cat Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think me and my wife are allergic to the two cats we have. Not enough to have to give them away, I would never do that. I would suffer first. But anyway my question is what is the best medication to take for this. I have a runny nose and sneezing a lot.

Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Sudafed or Benadryl, I highly recommend the sudafed, as it won't make you sleepy. I personally am on a whole medicine cabinet full of allergy meds including both of the above! I guess I am a sucker for a cat! :)

·
Registered
676 Posts
You can try the over the counter stuff first, Benadryl, Clariten etc, if you are lucky they will work for you.
Also keep your house VERY clean, and well ventilated to help prevent build up of allergens in your home.
Vaccum your carpets and furniture weekly, dust frequently, and where a mask while dusting. Scoop / change litter boxes outside only, and when you need to clean them with water, clean them only with cold water instead of hot water.
Do grooming outside while of course holding your cat so they can't get away, so that all that fur just doesn't start floating around your house inside from combing indoors.

That's just a few simple tips :)

·
Registered
3,980 Posts
The over the counter drugs might help, there are some excellent prescription allergy medications available. Fellow allergy sufferer here, I understand what you are going though! I don't think I am allergic to cats though.
AngelZoo suggestions are great too. Good luck. :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts