Cat Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
697 Posts
Thanks for the list and the most recent one from AdFran. Can you point me in the right direction or resource for cat sanctuaries? I really need something in Northern California preferrably the Bay Area.

·
Registered
629 Posts
I think Alley Cat Allies is a great organization and I really do admire what they do. However I do have a problem with the fact that they called me on a Sunday and asked me to increase my donation from $25.00 to $50.00. Those kind of tactics tend to turn me off and it really doesn't encourage people to give. They have to understand that people are only going to give what they are comfortable giving and more importantly what they can afford.

I also really like Friends of Cats. They're located in El Cajon, not far from my San Diego location. www.friendsofcats.org They truly are a no kill shelter. They don't even euthanize feral cats. They have a special place for them to live out their lives. Only cats that are terminally ill and suffering are euthanized. Check out their resident cats halloween costumes if you get a chance. :D

·
Registered
428 Posts
Please don't be turned off by Alley Cat Allies. They are desperate for funds and mean no harm by asking for more money. They have come to New Orleans to help spay 1,000 stray and feral cats in the aftermath of Katrina and thank God they did. We have an animal population explosion going on right now that is unbelievable. Alley Can Allies has been here since day one and are still here helping the people from N.O. and surrounding cities.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts