Cat Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All!

My name is Rebekah, I'm in my mid-twenties, have been married for 5 years (in April) and live in North Central Georgia. (Where the summers are much too humid, much too hot and last much too long!)

My husband, Clark, and I adopted a kitten from a friend last May. Her name is Penny Lane (Penny) and she is 11 months old with lots of energy and is Quite the Little Huntress. When she was small she was grey and black tabby but her coat is almost completely black now with a faint locket at her throat.

We were definitely not planning to get another cat until a Quite Pregnant Black Tuxedo Cat wandered into our back yard. She was so friendly and sweet we just had to take her in. We have named her Lucy in the Sky (Lucy). She has been with us since last Tuesday (Feb. 15th).

I have several questions which caused me to seek out a forum and so I hope my sojourn here is long and prosperous! Thanks. :)

·
Registered
4,451 Posts
Hi and welcome. I see you're a Beatles fan! It's great you were able to give Lucy a home. How has Penny reacted to her presence?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks! Lucy is a very calm cat and Penny bounces off the walls quite literally so at this point I think Lucy is mostly annoyed by Penny and maybe she doesn't trust her. Penny started out very aggressive with the hissing and growling but that has subsided to curiosity and I THINK she wants to play really bad. Lucy will have none of that and growls/hisses to warn Penny off. Lucy will just sit and growl if Penny invades her space and Penny seems bent on pushing the envelope. Whenever Lucy isn't paying attention Penny sneaks up as close as she can to sniff and such.

Anyway, Penny does not seem to be suffering any ill effects from Lucy's presence and we are hoping that they will warm up to each other. Do you know what effect pregnancy might have on a cat's temperament towards other cats?

·
Registered
6,952 Posts
And Penny and Lucy look so much alike! I'm a lifelong Beatles nut, so if you end up adopting more kitties you could consider Eleanor Rigby, Sexy Sadie, Rita, Jo Jo, Julia, Lizzie, or Martha. :) Let's see, boy's names would include . . . help me here . . . Rocky Raccoon?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
We gave Penny her name because when we first brought her home she climbed up on my husband's shoulder and nibbled his ear, hence; "Penny Lane is in my ear"... lol Lucy just seemed to sound right for the new cat... and I figure the kittens are the Diamonds. ;-)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts