Cat Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Our six month old kitten/cat is crazy about almonds to the point were he bats at my leg and hops into my lap to beg. He doesn't display this behaviour for any other food/treat - not even tuna or ice cream! My question is do almonds have any adverse effects to cats? He seems fine afterwards and chews them well (no choking) but his behaviour is quite extraordinary when almonds are present. I should mention that I am new to cats but very fond of this "little" guy (nine pounds already!) and want the best for him. Best regards, Dan.

·
Registered
10,235 Posts
I'm not positive if it is good for cats to be eating almonds but I have the same problem with one of my cats Twinkie. He is usually never aggressive, well I mean besides canned food but he goes crazy over cheese. He will even jump in my lap for it and he Never does that. He is never a lap cat! I feed him a little piece I dont think it will hurt, not sure if its good for him but I dont do it often just in case it's bad for him. One time he even went in my trashcan next to my desk to get the cracker/cheese dip container to lick off all he can :lol:

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Samhain is like this for Golfish - not the fish, the crackers hehe. She LOVES them. I only give her one or two tho but she will bug me until I put them away.

Psi is like this for potato chips. I have NO idea why but he goes CRAZY.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts