Cat Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I almost got a new kitty last night. Went to the vet to
get Sugie her pills and they had an adorable pure grey older cat that was very affectionate, but the one that stole my heart was a
little 6 week old kitten. He was adorable and affectionate and it roke my
heart to leave him. He was a black and white tuxedo who looked alot like my
Merlin (MooMoo).... he was a MiniMoo. I wanted to have him so I had a
MiniMoo an MaxiMoo. I just can't do it, Sugie would freak! I have to give
priority to her, I don't want her needing any more anti-dressants then she
is taking right now. I almost cried when I left, because the vet said I
could take her because he knew she would be going to a good home!

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Yes, everytime I'm at a shelter or a pet store I get so tempted. It's so hard not to take one (or more) home. Fortunately I'm not in that situation very often or sooner or later I'd give in. I don't think that would make Barnaby very happy though. :wink:

·
Premium Member
28,623 Posts
I think Tuxedo cats are so beautiful. It would have been hard to leave him behind. I wish things were different so you could have her! I have taken in every cat that was dropped in my yard, so I don't dare look at kittens! If I saw a black kitten or black with white paws or a Tuxedo, it would have a home. I can't resist them! I've always had an all black and all white, and more recently black and white too. Now I have the Siamese, but who knows what's around the corner? My black and whites weren't Tuxedo cats, though, just black marks on white. I loved them all, of course!

·
Registered
10,243 Posts
Its so tempting to take them home, but I'm glad you prioritized your other cat and thought of it first before doing it. I hate going anywhere where you see pets to take home, I want to take them all but 2 is more than enough for my little apartment. My cats are very protective of each other somewhat so any other animal and I think they would freak! :lol:

·
Registered
64 Posts
almost got a new cat last night

When I go to Petsmart I am heart broken seeing the beautiful cats in the adoption center. What is so sad is that people drop the animals off in the Petsmart parking lot before the store opens. I guess that is better than dumping them out in the country somewhere. A lot of the Petsmart cats are older cats that obviously have once been someones pet. I take my hat off to the volunteer organizations that sponsor this adoption center and my hat goes off to Petsmart for allowing the space.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The Petsmart near me uses a few differnt shlters/rescue orgs to get their kitties to be adopted. i got Merlin from there from an organization called Hobocat. His momma had been a feral rescue that was pregnant with him when brought in.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts