Cat Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I had a huge surprise tonight. My 6 year old, male tabby named Hunter, who has always been aloof and a bit skittish has been getting friendlier lately but just with me. He is affectionate only when he is at the top of his cat stand or if I'm lying on the floor. I've cried around him before but tonight he totally blindsided me. The reason is not important but just to say that I was sitting on my bed with my legs crossed crying. The next thing I know Hunter jumps up on the bed, and comes directly to me. He then proceeds to tuck his head under my hair hanging down in my face and starts head butting me, and rubbing up against my legs and face as well as meowing at me several times. I petted him and he continued to do this. When I stopped petting him I figured he would leave but he continued to behave like this until I settled down and stopped crying. I think I stopped crying because his behavior really took me by surprise. He's never done this before and never been this 'snuggly'. Anyone else have an experience like this? Do you think a cat can actually tell his owner is sad or upset and try to comfort them?

·
Registered
367 Posts
My furry feline family members have done this. It's really comforting to know that they're there for you in your deepest darkest hours. You can tell them your most private secrets, and they won't tell a soul. That's what I love about them.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts