Cat Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
He is actually my 6 year old son's cat. We just picked up about a month ago and I was amazed at his personality how well he does with my son and how he'll follow us around everywhere. Its almost like we have a puppy. He also has a very shiny beautiful coat. I looked around online and came across Bombay cats. I know that it is extremely rare that we have come across a Bombay, but I thought I'd see what some other people thought who know more about it than me.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
26,399 Posts
Beautiful DHS (domestic short hair) cat! As you said, probably impossible that he's a Bombay mix, but I'm partial to black kitties and he's gorgeous.

·
Premium Member
473 Posts
Purebred cats make up such a tiny percentage of the total cat population, it's quite possible for a cat to have no pure breeds whatsoever in it's lineage.

·
Registered
59 Posts
To be absolutely certain whether a black cat is a Bombay or not, you have to know its parents and grandparents. It is fun to think you have a Bombay if he looks, sounds, feels, and acts like one, but he could be a mix of breeds that together create the appearance of the breed.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts