Cat Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
820 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After taking my 6 month old cat Magic to the vet and having his bill of health come back clean (no worms...which I thought was causing his gas) I now suspect it might be his food. I feed both my kittens Felidae, Maleke is fine on it, however ever since we got Magic he has had gas. His pooping is totally normal, everything else is fine with him. The funny thing is, he only seems to have gas when we are wrestling with him......or when he gets REALLY affectionate. So maybe he is just a gassy cat?

Is there an alternative food to Felidae that may be less rich? I know that Felidae has 4 meats......and the protein content might be too high for him? Any food that might be just as excellent as this food, but a little less rich?

·
Registered
10,231 Posts
I give my cats Chicken Soup but I don't know if it is less richer than Felidae....but here are the ingredients.... :arrow:

Chicken, Salmon, chicken meal, whole grain brown rice, chicken fat (preserved with mixed tocopherols), oatmeal, whole grain white rice, potatoes, cracked pearled barley, millet, turkey, duck, flaxseed, egg product, natural chicken flavor, carrots, peas, apples, dried skim milk, kelp, cranberry powder, rosemary extract, parsley flake, salt, choline chloride, dried chicory root, methionine, potassium chloride, taurine, zinc sulfate, vitamin E supplement, niacin, manganese sulfate, copper sulfate, thiamine mononitrate, vitamin A supplement, biotin, potassium iodide, calcium pantothenate, riboflavin, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), vitamin B12 supplement, manganous oxide, sodium selenite, vitamin D supplement, folic acid.

Crude Protein 30% minimum
Crude Fat 20% minimum
Crude Fiber 3% maximum
Moisture 10% maximum
Magnesium 0.1% maximum
Taurine 0.1% minimum
Omega-6 Fatty Acids* 3.4% minimum
Omega-3 Fatty Acids* 0.6% minimum

·
Registered
676 Posts
There are lots of other foods you can try, here's a few of them. If you do switch do it very gradually, over a period of at least one week, adding a little bit of new food to the old food.

- Blue (sold in PetSmart)
- Natural Balance (sold in Petco)
- Felidae
- Solid Gold
- Innova
- Chicken Soup for the Cat Lovers Soul
- Pinnacle
- Wellness
- Timberwolf Organics
- By Nature
- Newman's Own Organics
- California Natural

- Natures Variety
- Evolve
- Holistic Blend
- Lick your Chops
- Sensible Choice (sold at Petco)
- Verus

·
Banned
410 Posts
I just started my cats on Innova and they seem to like it alot. I was feeding them Natural Balance, but they were getting bored with it, so I thought I'd try something different for awhile. I'll probably buy Felidae next time I switch--they ate it before and seemed to like it.

·
Registered
917 Posts
hmmm. cujo does fine with felidae, but kat has been having some TERRIBLY smelly poos. she shut's down the bathroom more than my bf does! :lol:

i think i will try a new food soon.

·
Registered
820 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you for all the help! I am pretty sure I am going to switch them to Natural Balance at some point because we have just started selling that in our store.

But my question is:
Is Natural Balance less RICH than Felidae. I think Felidae is too rich for Magic and might be giving him gas.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts