Cat Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to the petstore Saturday to get some critter supplies, and I seen the most gorgeous kitten there! She was 12 weeks old, white with beautiful green eyes. The catch? Her name is EMILY! Just like mine! I was in love instantly. Fiance almost let me have her, but he said I'd have 1 month to get rid of Cheyenne(our rescue whos goal in life was to replace). But his requirements didn't meet my approval and I left kitten there. Am I bad for wanting the kitten when I failed with my attempted rescue? I think it was because I had to give Hunter and Gadget to my sis that made me want her..

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
If could I would adopt her in a blink of an eye ...I understand the puppy/kitty mills theory ..but I cannot let those innocent creatures behind. I do support the re-enforcing of the laws on forbidding those actions where they raise animals for the sake of financial profit and not for the better of the race ...especially that there are so many pets at the shelters waiting patiently ...
I don't think you are a bad girl!

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The kitty IS from the Humane Society! All the petstores I've been to in this area all has kitties from the Humane Society :) Not counting the mall pet shop.. :evil:

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
ok then ..don't worry about it ..I thought you meant she was coming from a *pet mall*. If your other half agrees to it -go for it..you are a great pet parent!

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I really would, but fiance(in his stubborn self) said if I didnt get rid of Cheyenne in 1 month afterwards, the kitten or her would go straight to the shelter! See why I turned the offer down? :( There's NO way I'd do that.

·
Premium Member
28,615 Posts
Aonir, Does your fiance own the property where you live? Aren't you still at home? I guess I'm just too independent, but no boyfriend of mine would tell me what I had to do and what I couldn't do. Even in a marriage, noone owns the other. It's a matter of discussion and cooperation. If your fiance is telling you what to do now....well, I'd worry about what things could be like in the future.

Some men think women should do as they're told. :( I know this isn't my business. I just worry about young women who love their boyfriends so much they can't "see" straight. You don't strike me as that type of girl. Just be cautious. Make sure your opinion is equally important. to his. If it isn't, you'll never be happy. I'm just concerned....Sorry if this is too personal.

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
I didn't see the facet of the story ; just like Jeanie said - you seem to be a strong-minded girl. I just disn't like the part where your fiance mentioned the shelter to you :( .

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
He pays the bills, I don't have a job. I am pretty independent and I dare someone tell me what to do :lol: I just don't want to have bad judgement. And if he doesn't want a 'life' in the house, it's very bad for the 'life' I consider adding, get my drift? I'm the one who added the last 4 kittens and 2 seniors without his prior approval, we all seen how that ended! :shock:

·
Registered
3,102 Posts
Just a thought, and I could be wrong about the situation but if I remember correctly you wanted to adopt out Clyde and Cheyenne as well as Hunter and Gadget because you couldn't afford to keep them. Your plan was/is to keep Teddy, Angel, and Oreo... right?

Clyde has passed, and Hunter and Gadget are with your sis, so all you have left to adopt out is Cheyenne. If the money situation still hasn't changed and you're not sure you can afford keep Cheyenne forever, why take in one "as a replacement"? Know what I mean?

When the situation is right, you'll be able to get more kitties, it just sounds like your fiance is worried about getting in too deep. I can't say I blame him... I'd have a 100 cats if I could afford and care for them all properly. :wink:

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
No, I agreed to take in Clyde and Cheyenne because I wanted to start my own rescue. But I failed miserably in that area, but hadn't given up. Then my sister found 4 kittens. One was placed immediately, the other three was not. The deal when I took the kittens was that if not placed, my sister would take them back in Spring(when they're older). Springs here, three aren't placed. AND my sister moved to an independent life. She took the kittens. But Teddy is staying with us because of his 'water on the brain' that made him unadoptable and I don't trust anyone else to give the proper care for him. Clyde had to be PTS due to paralys that couldn't be cured. We just recently started having money problems like a month ago. Because of which, we moved. We now should start making 200+ extra a month(or fiance says so). He can't complain about vet bills because I've paid for all of them with my savings, including giving him over $1000 in moving expenses both times he had moved.. Of course I'm sure he's paid me back in other expenses ;) Anyway, I have only 200 left in savings, plus money my grandma insists on giving me. Plus I'm going back to college Fall.. Looking for a job and such. I might have a job lined up for me, but it won't be open for a couple months... :(

1 - 11 of 11 Posts