Cat Forum banner

Am I a Bad Mom?

270 views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  AudioLady 
#1 ·
Greetings All,
I adopted two year old shelter kitties about a month ago. They're two gorgeous, green-eyed Russian Blue siblings. They're incredibly shy. The female will allow you to pet her, but she won't approach on her own. The male just hisses and growls when you get too close. The foster mom says both were more social with her. I work incredibly long hours far from home and sometimes they're left to their own devices for 24+ hours. I always leave them with tons of their favorite food, filtering water and a clean box, which they eat and use. Aside from being shy, they're not destructive. When I am home, I give them tons of treats and attention, but I'm afraid they need more. The foster mom told me she would take them back if there were any problems, and it does sound like they were happier there. I'm torn and I want them to have the best life possible. Are they better off alone most of the time at my place, or back with their foster mom with tons of other cats at the risk she changes her mind or can't provide for them as well as I can?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.