Cat Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was wondering if anyone here feels like i do ?
i might say i have kinda wierd feelings and thoughts ..
in a way i hate most of the human-race for reasons that they are selfish, greedy, evil, ungiving , and for the reason that they destroy nature and kill animals !

now what some of my friends find wierd about me ... is that really i do feel more sorry when i see an animal die in a movie than when i see a human die .... i feel more sorry when i hear that a kittie got ran by a car than when i hear some person got hit by a car.... i feel more depressed when i hear that some kind of animals are on the edge of extinction or that some animals got slaughtered than when i hear humans died in war somewhere on earth !!

i really feel sad when cats or animals in general get sick ..... becoz simply they dont know whats wrong with them ... they cant help themselves and they cant tell us if it hurts or not !!

so do you ppl think im an extremist when it comes to animals , and does anyone here feel like i do ?

·
Registered
121 Posts
For the most part I feel as you do! I feel horrible for innocent victims be they animals, children or victims of a crime. Animal and child abuse are what get me, everytime. Both crimes should have the stiffest penalties. That is a crime against the most innocent of creatures, those who can't speak for themselves and who look to us for their care. People who hurt children and animals are evil.

·
Registered
3,980 Posts
I understand what you mean. I have no problem watching gory movies and tv shows about murder and crime. In fact I think they are facinating. But I can't handle anything about animal abuse. I can't bring myself to watch Animal Precinct on the Animal Planet channel.

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
I hear ya Lori. And sometimes it Is tough to watch, but almost every episode you get to see some schmuck get what's coming to him/her and you get to see the abused animal super happy at the end, after getting a second chance at life. Sometimes, though, animals die *sigh* and it's hard to watch...but people get punished for it - even if the penalty is much too small for the crime.

As for the "crazy" part? I agree with you Lithium. I don't like people very much as a whole. Homeless people irritate me; homeless cats upset me. Why? Because most times, homeless people have a choice over where they are, and they put themselves into a bad situation; whereas a homeless cat is homeless due the actions of some selfish, uncaring human - they don't Have the choice.

·
Registered
821 Posts
Agreed Tanyuh. Oh, and Animal Precinct is SUCH a good show! I don't get Animal Planet (sniff, sniff) but they broadcasted it one day for a whole day so I got to see the show (on another channel). I WISH I got that channel all the time!

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ooh thanx everyone !!
now i feel much better .... i thought i was going a bit too extreme ! :)
now i know that most animal lovers feel and think alike !!
its a good thing to know !

cheers everyone .

G

·
0 Posts
Yep, I'm one of those extreme animal lovers also. Nice to know there's so many of us!

·
Registered
14 Posts
I DEFINATELY agree with all of you. I feel so sad when bad things happen to animals because they can't help it when humans treat them cruely. I cannot believe how some people can be so cruel to animals who can't help or defend themselves better.

·
Registered
465 Posts
I feel the same way... I also miss my animals more than my human family members when I'm away. I guess it's because I can keep in touch with the people and not with my pets. But yeah, hearing of an animal killed makes me feel so much worse than hearing of a person killed.

·
Registered
2,451 Posts
I feel like you do for the most part. I feel bad for any living creature who is hurt, mistreated, or killed. If they are innocent and good, I can't say that I feel worse for one or the other -- it's about compassion. With people it's more of a situational thing. But I feel pain for ANY animal who is ill-treated, because humans don't play fairly. Wild animals are there to survive, not to hurt us. And domesticated animals are here because WE put them here. They look to us for love and survival. To hurt them is just evil.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Oh my, I really am not alone!!!!!

I work in a hospital and was on call. It was a winter blizzard and the phone rang at 3am and I had to go in to do a test. I was kind of p*ssy because I was missing my sleep and it was freezing outside. :roll: Well, I got there, did the test and frantically drove home to get some more sleep only to see this poor kitty wandering around in the snow. I felt so sad for that poor little animal and I wanted to cry. I tried to catch him, but it ran away. I thought I was a bad person because I was so closed off to the human dieing, but was crying over this poor cold kitty.

I can't watch animal precinct. I feel that animals are the most innocent beings on this planet. I can hear about child abuse and it bothers me a little bit, but animals..........oh boy, that hits me deep in my heart.

Thank you for posting this!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts