Cat Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've decided that I need to get a new friend for my lonely little kitty, Pfeffa.

I've been casually (don't want to rush into anything and my husband isn't so sure he is ready for a new cat) looking at local shelters online - a lot of them list cats available for adoption with photos and descriptions - and I found two brothers, who were strays, and really should be adopted together (their description says so, and I think so too).

They're beautiful 2-year old black cats with big eyes. One is a little reserved, the other is more outgoing.

I keep looking at them online. And reading about them. And looking at their photos close up. I emailed the shelter manager and asked if they were still available and about their personalities and such. They are available, and are reported to be nice cats, not agressive and get along well with other kitties.

Am I insane to bring two new cats into my home at the same time? Has anyone ever introduced two cats to a house - and a resident cat?

·
Registered
651 Posts
Yes, you are crazy. Like me! :D

We had Daisy first. We brought in Frodo as a kitten; Daisy hissed for several weeks. Another few weeks and we brought in Frodo's sister Lemur--Daisy adjusted more quickly. Our last addition, Xander -- barely a batted eyelash! :lol:

Go for it. :) Three is more work than one for sure, but you can handle it! Plus, 3 times the love! :wink:

·
Registered
465 Posts
Two new cats

My family did the same thing, but we already had 2 cats when I got an additional two. We have four cats; we adopted two cats first from the shelter, then a few months later decided to foster two feral kittens for a no-kill organization. We ended up adopting them. They didn't get along at first, but now they're all friends.

·
Registered
252 Posts
I agree, go for it! :D

It's great that the cats will get to be adopted together, and also that your cat you have now will get some friends.

There is usually tension, fussing, and maybe mild fighting when a new cat or cats is introduced, but give them time and all will work out nicely.

Congrats and good luck!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts