Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am allergic to some things.

Poison Ivy.
Shellfish
Pollen
And Kitty Dander.

Not deathly allergic, which is why on my birthday I partake in some delicious crab.

And nothing. I repeat, nothing will ever keep me from my kitties.

·
Registered
533 Posts
This is why God created Zyrtec.

I have a friend that LOVES kitties and comes over quite often. She immediately goes to my bathroom and takes one of my Zyrtec pills!! LOL!

Bless your heart!

·
Registered
777 Posts
Im allergic to cats .... I have 12 :oops: so yes I join the crazy brigade :lol:

I must say tho , thet IMO the worst allergy for me would be shellfish, or any seafood for that matter .... its my fave food

·
Registered
515 Posts
Can someone please explain why those of us who are allergic to cats are so attracted to them? My hubby is also allergic to cats, yet he is always petting, brushing and/or snuggling with our four cats.:yikes
I am really happy that he loves them as much as I do, but he sure does pay for it in the long run.
Bless his big and generous heart. :heart :heart :heart

·
Registered
3,166 Posts
Another cat owner who is allergic to her furbabies here. And in actuality, my allergies have gotten worse since I moved out and left my babies with my kids and ex-husband. But you know what? I don't care. Star still plops himself in my lap whenever my ex lets me use the computer, Midnight still DEMANDS her snuggle/cuddle/suckle sessions, and Lucky still allows me to bury my face in his lovely floofy belly fur.

Allergies be damned, I say.

·
Premium Member
28,623 Posts
My daughter is allergic to shellfish. She usually had only some tingling in her lips, but one night, after eating shrimp, her face swelled until she was unrecognizable, and the doctor said the next time she ate shellfish might be her last meal! I would be be very careful, Cheshire Creature. It's good, but I wouldn't take the chance. Sorry to be a wet blanket. :(

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
I am allergic to a few medications and peaches, luckily for us nobody in our household is allergic to cats.
Hubby's mom (she is a nut.. sorry but she is) told Mark that he is deadly allergic to bees and cats, well so far so good!! :wink:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts