Cat Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ordered some Christmas music from Amazon at 5am Monday morning, took standard shipping, figured I'd be lucky to get it by Christmas... well it was on my doorstep by 1pm Tuesday...barley 32 hours after I ordered it

8O i have never, ever gotten anything that fast no matter what the shipping method.

Thanks Amazon, you rock! :xmasstree :thumb :santa

(btw, it was a TSO cd 8) )

·
Registered
5,074 Posts
Perhaps they were just desparate to get rid of it :lol:

I kid. Amazon are one of the best. Only time I've ever had a problem, it wasn't their fault (GTA 4 sold very very quickly indeed).

·
Registered
241 Posts
catnip said:
I ordered some Christmas music from Amazon at 5am Monday morning, took standard shipping, figured I'd be lucky to get it by Christmas... well it was on my doorstep by 1pm Tuesday...barley 32 hours after I ordered it

8O i have never, ever gotten anything that fast no matter what the shipping method.

I once bought some car wiper blades on eBay and they were posted through my letter box 20 mins later. Rather creepy...

Amazon are great, I buy loads from them including camera gear. Very efficient. A laptop developed a fault and they refunded me in full with no hassle.

·
Super Moderator
18,396 Posts
Never had a problem with Amazon, even when I take Super Saver shipping it gets here pretty quickly. Recently pre-ordered a CD, I got it the day before the release date to stores.

Saw TSO a few years ago, awesome show!

·
Registered
5,074 Posts
akiralx said:
catnip said:

I once bought some car wiper blades on eBay and they were posted through my letter box 20 mins later. Rather creepy...
Wow... I'd kinda get freaked out by that....

·
Banned
439 Posts
I find Amazon's free shipping to be a crap shoot.

sometimes it takes 2 days, sometimes 2 weeks. it
has to do with where and how they fulfill your order.
some items come from Amazon itself, some from the
shippers own regional fulfillment inventory, some from
individual resellers who are contracted with Amazon.

a trick I use with Amazon is their "save for later"
feature in the shopping Cart. if you check your
saved items twice a week, you'll often find them
at a 20% discount for a day or two, before they
perk back up to their typical sales price, and they
still give you free shipping even while discounted.

·
Registered
2,160 Posts
catnip said:
I'll probably sound dumb asking this but you mean Trans-Siberian Orchestra, right? I've known about them for years but can only take them in small portions.

My mom, however, has totally gone nuts over them this year! They play a 24/7 Christmas radio station (at least through December) where she works and she's developed an obsession with TSO. I went Christmas shopping with her a couple weeks ago and it was her big mission to find a copy of a TSO CD with "Christmas Canon Rock" on it. She found it at Target for only $10.

I have to say, though, that I really like that song that plays on the main page of TSO's website (don't know the name of the song, sorry). There's a guy here in town who has a music and lights display in his yard for Christmas and that song makes the lights move so cool!

·
Premium Member
28,623 Posts
Right now I am so angry with Amazon I doubt I'll ever buy there again. They charged me twice for the same order, and gave me so much hassle and so many different stories it was maddening :x

. I cannot understand the accent of the customer reps., and although I admire them for learning English, I spend half the time asking them to speak slowly or spell words. This has gone on for 2 days, and I'm pulling my hair out. :( And I got several different answers. It's not resolved yet. I was counting on buying much more, but now I'll have to go to a big department store and hope that I can get what I want. I'm so upset I can't express it in words. Can you spell S C R E A M? The company is too big to care that they lost a customer.

·
Banned
439 Posts
I'm sorry Jeanie, but the next time that happens
you should simply dispute the charge through your
credit card company. Makes life a lot easier, and
you get the credit back right away. As long as
you only got one package in signed at your home,
Amazon has no leg to stand on for the second one.
However, if they shipped twice, and you didn't
refuse the second one, you are screwed, because
returning stuff to Amazon is a ring in Dante's ****.

·
Premium Member
28,623 Posts
I called the bank that very night, and the charges are in dispute. I don't have any packages yet, but there will be only one. All they had to do was give the band the authorization # and give it to the bank, and the incorrect charges could have been removed immediately. A supervisor assured me he'd take care of it today, and see that I was notified. Well, no notification yet. :( I was shoved from pillar to post. So far, I've spent about 4 hours on the phone with no results.

·
Banned
439 Posts
I don't understand who you could be on the phone with?
my Credit Card company takes the complaint information
in about 10 minutes, then mails me a form I need to sign and
mail back to them, and the disputed charge is gone forever.
I never need speak to the original vendor at all.

·
Premium Member
28,623 Posts
I called Amazon and told them about their mistake. Then I called my bank. They gave me direction, but Amazon did nothing, and said they would notify billing. No results. I called again and spoke with a supervisor, and I also called the bank to dispute the charge. The reason I had to keep calling was because I got a different excuse or denial from Amazon every time I called. One said it was the bank's fault. One told me Amazon would do nothing until I returned what I bought. And on and on and on....

I'm glad you got good service, but I certainly didn't! And I'm still fuming.

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
sorry about your luck, Jeanie.

I ran into something similar buying some mums at Busy Beaver this fall, they were a measley $7.95 and I used my bank card because i didn't have cash on me. Next day I find out my card had been triple charged with one reversal by the bank. I went to the BB manager with my transaction info and he said it was not their fault, but gave me the money in cash anyway. So I head to the bank, after 45 minutes in the managers office and numerous phone calls to the 'mothership' they acknowledged there was a problem, but no apology or explanation was given.

:fust

but in the end, I got my flowers for free and it was the banks fault. :mrgreen:

win some, lose some I suppose. For as much business as I do online, I've been very lucky and out of thousands of dollars in transactions, only ever been taken outright for $140 back in the 90's. Lesson learned there.

·
Registered
408 Posts
Living in Tacoma, WA (about 20 miles south of Seattle), I usually get my stuff from Amazon in less than 2 days. It depends ... if its a CD, Book or something small, then it ships from Seattle. If its something big or is supplied by another seller that is selling on Amazon, it can take up to 2 weeks.

·
Registered
241 Posts
petspy said:
As long as
you only got one package in signed at your home,
Amazon has no leg to stand on for the second one.
However, if they shipped twice, and you didn't
refuse the second one, you are screwed, because
returning stuff to Amazon is a ring in Dante's ****.
Not to amazon.uk, in my experience anyway. With a HP laptop which we had had for nearly 6 months, I reported it faulty and they asked me to return it. Even sent me a pdf file of a barcoded label for the courier company so shipping back was free. Full refund to credit card.

Sounds like Jeanie's poor service is from amazon.com, hope it gets resolved.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts