Cat Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
528 Posts
I just heard about a black cat that was rescued. He had been bitten by a tick and was paralized. They gave the cat a shot and the cat was fine. He was microchipped and had been missing for 2 years. The owners were contacted and they picked him up. Just want to remind people if your animals are microchipped and you move you need to contact the company that has all the info about your animal to update to the new address.

Kathy

·
Premium Member
9,121 Posts
Microchipping helps so much. Only 2 % of missing cats get back to an owner. Having a chip really help.

I have a bone to pick with the way they do microchipping. In the past vets would put the chip in but the owner would have to go home and call the company and give all the information. Plus call the company when you move with new info. People are basically lazy and dont take the next step of calling the company with info. Now the local humane society has taken on the chore of calling the company with the information you put on the chip form.

I rescued a dog this last week. She had a chip but alas the lazy former owner never took the next step. What a waste of time and money if you dont plan on following thru. I chip all my fosters. My name is on the form so if they ever get lost I will get a call.

What a great feel good story. Cats are amazing!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.