Cat Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do your cats ever have off days? Days when there doesn't seem to be anything obviously wrong, but they're...well, off?

Velvet is a bit off his food. Only finished about half his breakfast after a few disinterested bites. Played only a few minutes with the laser mouse (he LOVES the laser mouse. He'll run after it to the point of exhaustion) and plopped down to sleep. He hasn't even looked for anything to eat that isn't food. For those of you who don't know, my cat is part goat and is always looking for stuff to eat that's not food. In fact, I even offered him a bit of string (don't worry...I was just testing things out. I wasn't gonna give him any) and he turned up his nose as if to say "Pfft. We are not impressed by your puny offerings." He seems ok otherwise. Nose - wet and cold. Check. Third eye lid. Not present 'cept when he's looking at me all lovey dovey. Not limping. No distress in litter box.

Is it possible for him to be exhausted after a day of near constant playing? Yesterday, I put his favorite stuffed mouse in a shoe box out of which I cut off holes. I kid you not...he went ballistic for hours yesterday, trying to get the mouse out of the box.

Anyway, perhaps I should just quit worrying and take this for what it is. A blessing in the form of a quiet Velvet day in which I will not have to run frantically around, making sure he doesn't eat anything that's not food.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Give it 2 days, and if he improves then there is nothing to worry about, just watch for any signs of distress. But if you notice he isn't going poo in his litter box, or straining and producing small amounts of urine, maybe he ate something that could be obstructing him? Look for lethargy and listlessness.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the advice!

He's back to his usual hair raising antics, so I think it was just a lazy day for him and nothing more.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts