Cat Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm sooooo tempted to sign up for one of those home security camera systems. Verizon's offering it for $10/month (though you buy the cameras; I think they're $70 per). I'm dying to know what my girls do all day. I know that they do move, because sometimes kitty toys are displaced. But I have visions of paying $210 for 3 cameras and getting video of the carpet every day.

I also have visions of spending my entire day watching what's going on instead of working. :D

Has anyone video'd their kitties while they were away? Is it interesting enough for me to consider this? I mean, I can always cancel if nothing happens. Or I could buy a cheap runner rug and not use a rug pad under it. That way, at least if one of the girls runs across it, the rug will have a new shape. :D

·
Registered
6 Posts
I've been considering this too, but more because I get separation anxiety if I have to be away from them for too long. I think it would ease my mind to check in on them once in a while. My main concern with this is that I'm tech illiterate and I have no idea how long it's going to take me to figure out how to set it up. I'm anxious, but also lazy.

·
Premium Member
7,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I hadn't even thought of that. I just checked out the reviews on the Verizon site, and some people found it easy, some complicated. If Verizon offered a set-up service, even with a fee, I think I'd do it.

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
. . . have visions of paying $210 for 3 cameras and getting video of the carpet every day . . .

unless you have a cat like dusty the klepto this is probably exactly what you'd get. btw, go to youtube and look for "dusty the cat burglar". i'd link it but people were swearing in the comments so it would just come down. if you watch the letterman clip, he reads off a list of all the stuff the cat has stolen. :angel

1 - 4 of 4 Posts