Cat Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im so excited :D

I have a question though. I have posted it in cat chat but thought i would post here also..

Angel and the kitties are under the bed right now and i would like to move them into a box.

Is it possible that i can do that now? She is usually a lovable cat but i dont know how she will react if i try to touch her or the litter. What should i do?? I cant have her under the bed :?

Any advice helpful ..

Thanks,
Joanne

·
Banned
1,014 Posts
I can just give you the advice I've used for my gerbils :oops: . I would cover your hand with a clean sock to prevent your scent from getting on the babies. Slowly advance your hand towards the mom. If she gets angry, leave them alone :lol: . Just gauge the mom's reaction and go from there. If she allows you to handle the pups, by all means switch them into a safer place.

·
Banned
1,649 Posts
My last foster kitty, Isis, started to give birth behind my tumble dryer. I had already set up her box with fluffy warm blankets, which she had been sleeping in for a few days already. Isis was a sweetheart and wasn't offended or miffed about my picking her or her first kitten from behind the dryer. Once I placed that first kitten in the box, she got in there to give birth to the rest of them, and she left them there too. She was very young, so I think she was simply a little confused.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts