Cat Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
look at this nice PM angelzoo sent to me from out of the blue:

I saw you mention that you feed Eukanuba, is it that you do not care about the chemical and illegal animal testings and procedures this company aids in? Or are you unaware of this fact?

i thought it was kind of rude.

·
Premium Member
28,609 Posts
I'm guessing she doesn't know you're the webmaster. However, this is typical. She is completely unaware of what acceptable behavior is. I'm sorry she was so rude to you. You obviously have a great love for animals!

·
Premium Member
28,609 Posts
I just checked a new post about nutrition from Angel. She has set herself up as a Nutrition expert, and those threads seem to be read by more people than most others. She has no formal training, but she has most of the people who reply thinking she's the final word. I've done a bit of reading on the subject, and every site I found had a different list of the best catfoods. What she calls garbage or third class-such as Royal Canin, is rated # 1 by some. Since it was a sponsor of a site that banned her, I don't think her ratings are unbiased. I'm really worried about this. People come here to learn, and she comes on strong. I am not an expert on nutrition; I just do a lot of research on any question about a subject I don't know well. I do know that she has picked up a real following. That worries me. People come here for fun and education.

I was surprised to see her statement that body builders eat a lot of carbs to bulk up. My son has been lifting since he was thirteen, and he drank protein drinks. He lifts for strength, but of course he's very muscular. Perhaps those who lift for body build only use carbs? I know they lift less weight and do more reps, but what about the diet? Anyone know?

·
Registered
863 Posts
It isn't long before the crazies come out on a board. If they aren't sociopathic they're just overpowered for human or animal rights to an insane degree.

Last weekend I had something like that come up on a car board I moderate. This girl (who - unbeknownst to me just turned 17) contacted me via ICQ. At first it was simple conversation like "how are you doing" and "what were you up to this weekend". I niavely (sp?) thought it was harmless friendly chat. Then she asked "Do you have a girlfriend? I have a boyfriend," (we're not talking indepth talk - that was it). Then out of the blue she says she bought new panties (??), and says her boyfriend sometimes doesn't treat her right. I said that was too bad trying to wind down the conversation when she sends an image. I thought it was just a pic of her and her boyfriend so I accepted and came to find out that, no, it was a pic of her in a bikini posing for a webcam in her living room. Mind you this would about 15 minutes of basic conversation (except for the end weirdness).

So then I looked in her profile, saw her age and freaked out (she looked about 14 in the pic) and said I wasn't interested in that and sorry if I mislead her. Her reply was "thanks a lot for hurting my feelings". I said how was I supposed to know, and she said "I was being really obvious". Then I said "you said you had a BOYFRIEND. Besides - you're 17 and I'm 25 - a bit of an age difference". Then she said "you think I'm ugly, I don't want to live any more. bye."

I mean what the ****? Sorry - I'm venting. I have it in the back of my mind she's going to go kill herself....

·
Premium Member
28,609 Posts
Bean,you did nothing wrong! Teenaged girls sometimes have "crushes" that last five minutes. They are completely self absorbed and extremely dramatic at times. Of course you're frightened by what she said, but she couldn't possibly go over the deep end because of what you did. You did the right thing! Everything is the end of the world to young teens. They're going through puberty, and their hormones are affecting their moods. Just don't answer her again.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts