Cat Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 223 Posts

·
Registered
3,268 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yes, Angie had her kittens. I don't know when, we were on vacation. Earlier, she came leaping twards us, we look at her tummy, & my mom asks me if the cat was Angie because we didn't recongnize her, because her stomach was small. She had dark red disharchge from her area where the kittens came out, a cat book said this was normal, unless it was green or bright red, but it's dark, the normal. So, she had her kittens! :D :D :D :D

One thing concerned me is that she was here for an awful long time today. Shouldn't she be with her kittens? She finally went off into the bushes like normal, but shouldn't she have been with her kittens?

·
Registered
1,908 Posts
Just go ahead and answer the questions I asked you in the PM here, so everyone else can see the answers. :) Because they are probably all going to ask the same things. :D

·
Premium Member
28,617 Posts
Yes, I have questions, and I would imagine everyone does. Go ahead and answer Ianthe's questions, and if we have more, we'll ask. I hope you prepared a warm comfortable place for her and the the babies.

·
Registered
3,268 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
was she hungry
Yes.
Did you find where she had the babies......
No, but I have a good idea.
Are you feeding her and does she have fresh water close to hand.....
Yes.

Thanks everyone for the info. I think I might know where they are. I'm not sure. I'll do more looking once it cools down (it's 90 here).

·
Registered
3,268 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ianthe said:
Catlover, it is REALLY important you find the kittens and make sure they are all ok. :)
Oh I know. I have a pretty good idea where they are....one problem.....it's severely weedy, the only way to see is to sickle the weeds; which I can't do incase I could accidently sickle the kittens.

·
Registered
1,908 Posts
It's really not good for the kittens (and Angie) to be out in the weeds.....it's too dangerous. :? Can you move them into your garage, or a spare room, or someplace where they can be protected and watched over?

·
Registered
163 Posts
I hope the kittens are ok and you have managed to get them to a warm and safe place.

Please let us know how they're all doing?

Take care

Sx

·
Registered
3,268 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Sorry, I haven't updated yet. Well, the weedy patch is full of hidding places. The problem is, I can't explore it. :( We live in the country, & I don't know what's in them. My dad can't even go in them. He will have to somehow cut the weeds down, of course when we find the kittens, & we take them in to get adopted. I, unfortunatley don't have a spare room, & the garage, she would upset my dogs, plus my dogs would upset the kittens by barking. :( :( Heather Sharada, not a grassy area, weedy area with tons of places to hide. There are places to hide where even animals can't find them. I think I've located them, but haven't seen them, meaning I know the place. Every day Angie goes there & comes from there, she used to hang out in a different area. I'm sorry I took so long to update. :(

·
Registered
572 Posts
I'll tell you this now. You really, really do need to find out where they are so you can soon help socialize them. If you wait too long and don't socialize them until you're ready to catch them and find homes, you really run the risk of the kittens being very scared of humans, feral, unsocial. Which will a) make catching them HARD and b) finding them homes hard. I understand they might be hard to find, but if you're taking on the responsiblity of Angie as "ours" then you have a responsiblity to do what's right by her and the kittens. So, do please make an effort to find them and make sure they are okay and socialize them.

·
Premium Member
28,617 Posts
catlover, TxnKats is right. It's important that you touch the kittens daily, and talk to them, and in a few days, pick them up. Make sure you do this before their eyes are open, so that they don't fear human beings. Otherwise, there will be four or five more feral cats in the neighborhood. Perhaps if you explain this to Dad, he'll see the necessity of clearing away the weeds in the area. And, if possible, have a nice, sheltered, safe, cozy place near the house for the little family.

Thanks for the update.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Thanks for the update. As Jeannie and TNX cats said its very important that you can find these kittens

Good Luck

and keep us updated

Sx

·
Registered
3,268 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I promise I will do everything I can for the kittens. Tomorrow, I'll pull out the weeds, then get some snowboots on (they are high to protect me), then I will look. Tonight, though, I will shine a flashlight around the area to see if I can see them. I have an idea! I have a cage, I can put the kittens in there, then I can place the cage on the porch, but make sure Angie can get in and out of it. I promise I'll do all I can. I'll keep you updated.

·
Registered
1,908 Posts
Yes, it is really important that you socialize the kittens by handling them alot....or you will have a big problem when you try to get them homes. 8O

Also, I am just curious, are you still seeing the racoon you told me about around? I was thinking about it last night and it makes me really woriied about the kittens AND Angie. I know you said Angie is able to run away from it, but if it comes after her babies, she is not going to run and leave them...she will stay and try to protect them....and a cat is no match for a racoon. :(

Keep the updates coming!!!!! :D

·
Registered
3,268 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I haven't seen the racoon yesterday. last night, today yet. We'll see about tonight. I know it wasn't around because Angie's food was left in the bowl, & our garbage wasn't torn up.

·
Registered
3,268 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
We've located Angie's kittens! So, been that they are still around, the kittens are probably about a little over a week old. I know thatbecause the day we got home, Angie had bloody disharge which my cat book told me is normal the day after her kittens. I'll keep you updated daily. We've cleared a little bit of the weeds. It was hot so we had to stop.

1 - 20 of 223 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.