Cat Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Administrator
574 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

Photobucket.com has recently changed its terms of service for free users on their platform. As of June 20 images hosted by Photobucket and shared on our forum, or any other third party sites, will no longer appear. As a result, you may notice a higher amount of broken images on the forum.

If you do not have access to edit your older posts please contact an Administrator or Moderator for assistance. Please provide the new URL for the image that needs to be edited and a link to the thread the image in located in.

More information on the change and what it means for Photobucket users can be found below.

Photobucket Terms of Use http://photobucket.com/terms

Thank you

Community Support

·
Registered
152 Posts
I have a question about this: how do we share pictures on this website once photobucket have messed up everyone's images?

·
Registered
59 Posts
I have a question about this: how do we share pictures on this website once photobucket have messed up everyone's images?
Imgur or Tiny Pic.
Beware Tiny Pic is owned by Photobucket. That's worrying for me.

I'm with Tiny Pic for now but will be moving to Imgur soon.

Photobucket is allowing users to download their libraries. I did that several months ago.

·
Super Moderator
26,401 Posts
Note to everyone: Please make sure that any program you use is "private" and cannot link to your other pictures. Nobody needs to see grandpa dancing in his underwear with a lamp on his head while singing "I Like Big Butts."

Some things can never be unseen.

·
Premium Member
7,098 Posts
I keep forgetting about the drag & drop feature. It didn't work for me when I tried it just when it became available, but it did just now (test forum). Yay!

But is there any way to add text after an attachment? I previewed my post and saw the pic, but in the editing window, there isn't any indication of where the attachment is. I skipped a line (like between the first paragraph of this post and this paragraph) and added a sentence, thinking maybe the pic would appear in between, but the pic appeared after all text. This isn't a big deal. I'm just curious.

·
Administrator
574 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I keep forgetting about the drag & drop feature. It didn't work for me when I tried it just when it became available, but it did just now (test forum). Yay!

But is there any way to add text after an attachment? I previewed my post and saw the pic, but in the editing window, there isn't any indication of where the attachment is. I skipped a line (like between the first paragraph of this post and this paragraph) and added a sentence, thinking maybe the pic would appear in between, but the pic appeared after all text. This isn't a big deal. I'm just curious.

I'll walk you through this:

First you click on Go Adv and then you want to use the Attachments tool (paperclip icon). Click on that and a smaller window appears that is your Attachment Manager - see below:

Select your images and hit upload. Once you are satisfied, you can close this window.

catf1.jpg

Then, you go back to the paperclip icon, click and you'll see your uploaded images. Ensure that you have the cursor where you want the image to appear and click on the upload. It'll then show as [ ATTACH] 12345 [/ ATTACH] (with no spaces, as seen in the screenshot):

catf2.JPG

It's always a good idea to check how your images look by selecting 'Preview Post' before going ahead and 'submit reply.'

Let me know if that works for you and/or if you need further assistance - thanks!

Cheers,
Natalie :)

·
Premium Member
7,098 Posts
Hi Natalie,

Yes, that worked like a charm - thanks so much! :)

Calistin, thanks for that info - good to know. Everyone's probably trying to download all their stuff at the same time. I think everything I have on photobucket is on my laptop but will check to make sure.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts