Cat Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not really a concern, more of a wonder if this is common.

My little one Autumn likes to announce when she's pooping. She will go to her box and start meowing as if she is trying to say "Mommy, I'm pooping". It's actually kind of funny:wink

Do other kitties do this?

·
Registered
594 Posts
Squeek will come out of the litter box and just run around the house as fast as she can, doing that cute little prancing run..she must be proud of herself! I don't think it matters if its pee or poo, she just does it.

·
Registered
1,719 Posts
My cats don't talk about it...they just do it, but sometimes they do the run around the house rejoicement thing when they are in the mood, of course. Oddly enough, I notice that this was more frequent when I only had 2 cats. Now, not so much. I wonder why?

·
Registered
710 Posts
Squeek will come out of the litter box and just run around the house as fast as she can, doing that cute little prancing run..she must be proud of herself! I don't think it matters if its pee or poo, she just does it.
Yes, this!

Both my girls run around super fast, then they start chasing one another. Sometimes they will do a meow to go with it too.

·
Registered
214 Posts
My Molly girl used to do this. She did not bury her stuff and wanted her potty box clean at all times. This was her way of telling me to go clean my box.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Milky doesn't really need to announce it. We can tell whether he's peeing or pooping from is actions. If it's a poop he likes to dig around in the litter before and after, if it's just a pee, he'll get in and get out without any digging around.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts