Cat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Time to start a new thread :D

What does your spouse or partner or significant other do (or not do) that seriously annoys you?

I have a GREAT hubby and I love him with all of my heart! I wouldn't give him up for anything!

But, I am of the opinion that all of us are annoyed by something that our 'other does or does not do. Here is your chance to vent. :wink:

Here is my #1 complaint:
On-line game addiction! He plays World of Warcraft an average of 10 hours a day on weekdays.
On weekends, it is much more (at least 15+ hours per day).
He is an officer in his guild, so it does take more time than if he just 'played' the game.

I have to give due credit, though: he has a great job and never neglects it. He will drop everything if our kids or I REALLY need his help. He doesn't 'run around' with the guys; go to bars; etc...but it sure would be nice if he was home in mind as well as body. :lol:

·
Registered
1,697 Posts
Ooooh, fun!

He nags me about my cleaning habits (or lack thereof)...and we don't live together!!!!!!!!!!
He's soooo forgetful and he asks about something before he takes the time to even THINK that I might have told him about 6 times already.
He gripes about the cat (again, we don't live together!!).

But I love him with all my heart. :wink:

·
Registered
135 Posts
OK - bad day to ask... right now everything he does seriously annoys me :? . But today number one on my list would be him being a moron when it comes to his uber manupulative family :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: (one little devil for each family menber...). I am sure happy I have my cat...

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
I second Socksipuss's. :twisted:

Other than that... his habit of looking for something for about a nanosecond, then whining that he can't find it, then I have to come and turn his head about five degrees to the side and it's right there in front of his nose. The dialogue will go something like this:

"Baby, I can't find my jeans."
"Did you look in the closet?"
"No, why?"

:roll:

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
LOL they can't seem to grasp the concept of MOVING things men can they?

Mine pee's on toilet seat and forgets to clear it up :evil: :dis

·
Banned
804 Posts
Calls people his friends who are only around to mooch off of his popularity. drives me nutz....

squeezes the tube from the middle

leaves food on his dishes then dumps these food covered dishes in my hot soapy water filled sink thats soaking RINSED dishes

Eats food that has been in the fridge for way tooo long and wont let me throw it out.

thinks you can heat and reheat meat a dozen times and it can still be healthy

·
Registered
672 Posts
Mine has memory issues. Either that or he just doesnt like me telling him what to do!

I am 4'11, and he is 6ft. I think I have told him like 60 times to stop putting dishes away in the tallest kitchen cabinets because I cant get them without a chair. He says "ok babe" and then a week later he does it again. Same thing if I tell him to stop setting the washer to super fast and the dryer to super hot for everything he washes :roll:

DONT get me started on him not putting a new toilet paper roll on!! :lol:

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
Hahaha -- oh this is funny. I will say mine about him, and then to be fair, I will post what he would say about me.

Lately, it has been his sleeping habits -- he stays up WAAAYYY too late then passes out on the couch or recliner either with all of his clothes on or in some sort of food product that he was eating when he fell asleep. This morning, I found him asleep on a pop tart, but I've also found him sleeping with popsicles (or the liquid that once was a popsicle), in a plate of fried chicken, a plate of pizza crusts, and in an ashtray.

He would say that I'm bossy -- really, really, really bossy. And...I am.

·
Registered
882 Posts
When he blows his nose, it sounds like an elephant! I hate that sound... LOL.

Dave is a bit forgetful... if i ask him about something he JUST saw, he'll not remember, or tell me something that is wrong...

·
Registered
589 Posts
OMG this is funny cause my friend and I were talking about this exact thing today. I get frustrated when I ask my husband to do something (which I mean to get up and do now) and he doesn't do it. Then a couple days roll by and I end up doing it and he says "I was going to do that". yeah, when?

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
OK - bad day to ask... right now everything he does seriously annoys me Confused . But today number one on my list would be him being a moron when it comes to his uber manupulative family :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: (one little devil for each family menber...). I am sure happy I have my cat...
Bad day to ask me too.

I will second this also. (except I need :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: because thats how many of them I would like to inflict pain on right now).

The squeezing the toothpaste from the middle annoys me. I am not as short as jonsgirl - but we have really high cupboards and he will put stuff on the top shelf or put stuff back in the wrong cupboard so I have to hunt through the whole house for it.

Cleaning up by putting stuff into a cupboard so now not only is it too high but stuffed somewhere it shouldn't be. Like putting a cat bed and then a leaking bottle of window cleaner on top of it ruining the cat bed.

Oh and not being quiet when he has to get up at 5am for work. Just because he has to be up doesn't mean the rest of Canada does too!

·
Registered
2,160 Posts
Oh boy, oh boy! This is gonna be fun!! :lol:

Where to start - hmmmm

1. He couldn't find something on his own if his life depended on it! Heaven forbid he may have to move something to see what it is he's looking for. He expects everything to just jump out at him and say "Here I am, dumb sh*t!

2. No matter how many times I've asked him to he never cleans out the pockets of his jeans or work pants before throwing them in the hamper. I know, I know - most would argue that I should just check the pockets myself before doing the laundry but sometimes I'm just in a hurry to do a load of clothes in between the dozens of other things I have going on and I don't think it's too much to ask for him to clean things out on his own. At any rate, there've been many times that Kleenex has ended up in the wash, old movie ticket stubs and countless amounts of change.

3. The change thing. There's something else. It's not necessarily a fault but it's kind of weird. He almost never uses coin when purchasing something. He'll round it up to the next dollar and put the change in his pocket, bringing it home for me to clean out of his jeans. Then I put the change in a Cool Whip dish by our bed and it collects until the dish can't hold anymore. One time he turned in the change at the bank for dollars and got $80-some back.

4. He almost NEVER has his own opinion on something. He's so wishy-washy. I'll ask - What do you want for supper tonight?, What movie would you like to go out to?, whatever the subject is he just says "Ummmm, I don't know. You pick." That drives me nuts!

4. He can't keep track of time. I've pretty much resigned myself to the realization that if I need him to be here or do something for my by 5 o'clock I'd better say 4:30. Or, if he gives me an a time as to when he will be home or be able to do something or tells me how long he is going to be gone running errands I'd better extend it at least a half hour from what he really said.

5. Last but not least, HIS MOTHER! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: He knows how I can't stand her and since meeting me he has finally come to the realization of what I see in her as well as what others see that he didn't before. I've often said that by meeting my husband I met the best thing that could have happened to me AND the worst, all at the same time.

Having said all this, I do need to say that I love my husband dearly and couldn't do without him. He definitely has his quirks, but then so do I (OMG, did I just admit that I have faults! :lol: :lol: :lol: )

By the way, my former Forum Name is NDKITTYMOM. I changed it for some reasons I really don't want to get into. Just wanted to let you know who I was in case you recognized my avatar.

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
Oh this is funny. It makes me laugh to see how many of the things annoy all of us the same :lol: I love Nick.....but man he really annoys me too.

I told him this before. I think he wakes up, thinks about everything I have asked him not to do a hundred times and then does them all just to drive me crazy!!!!

* If I had to work early and his uniform is left in the dryer. He insists on taking it out and leaving all the clean clothes balled on top of the dryer.

* He blames me for every thing he misplaces because he swears I have moved it. Although the truth is he is so disorganozed he can't find it.

* He never picks up after himself. He leaves whatever out wherever.

* He stays up too late, then falls asleep doing almost anything...watching TV, talking, driving.

And my NUMBER 1 annoyance. He assumes he knows everything I am going to say or do, then gets mad about it. This is usually before I have had a chance to say, react or do anything.

He would say......

* I have OCD with the amount I clean and organize.

* I nag and tell him the same thing over and over. (of course I wouldn't have to do this if he just di what I asked :wink: )

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Stanky said:
OMG this is funny cause my friend and I were talking about this exact thing today. I get frustrated when I ask my husband to do something (which I mean to get up and do now) and he doesn't do it. Then a couple days roll by and I end up doing it and he says "I was going to do that". yeah, when?
My husband does this. You know, he finally told me just to tell him, "please do this now" or "please do this today" or whenever you need it done by. That really does seem to help although unless it needs to be done right then, he does better if I write it down and when I need it done by.

Most annoying thing he does..um...leave his dirty clothes in the bathroom (he's working on that one :) ), not put toilet paper on the roll after using the last of it, leave dirty dishes on the floor, leave little pieces of toilet paper that he cleaned his nose with lying on the counter, and yes of course, he cannot find things by himself because he won't move things around. :evil:
Okay since I feel like I have to redeem him now...he made homemade pizza last week (sauce and dough from scratch) and made bread the other day...he's been having fun learning how to do the whole yeast thing, which I have never done, so more power to him. :D Oh and he just vacuumed and he's about to go grocery shopping.

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
I can't stand my husband's temper with inanimate objects. He never yells at people, but he will raise holy **** when inanimate objects won't do what he wants them to. Right now, in fact, he's making a hole in our newly-installed bathroom wall. I lost the $2 screwdriver bit when I accidently punched a hole in the drywall and it fell off in the wall, and rather than call it quits for the night and buy a new bit in the morning, he's tearing down everything we've spent the last hour and a half doing. At least, he started with tearing it down. From the sounds a few moments ago, the drill wasn't cooperating and he took a hammer to the drywall instead. (Nevermind that the bit is probably long gone, fallen down through the wall on the bottom floor. He knows this. He doesn't care. He's going to try, darn it!) Sigh.

Having a rough night here in paradise. ;)

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
I'll bite. We have been living together for almost two years, so I've seen all the habits that annoy. It's good to know these things going into marriage as I can be a bit obsessive and anal (I accept that).

1. He never ever manages to put things away, throw things away, or close cabinets. For example, when he makes a sandwich, he leaves the cheese wrap and the knife gooped up with mayo on the counter with all of the bread crumbs. He will also leave the plate cabinet door open and any other cabinet doors he may have come across while in the kitchen (actually, this goes for the bathroom, too). The cabinet thing amuses me, but the rest does not.

2. His anger toward inanimate objects (something mentioned above) and video games. He gets so riled up about these things that I will leave the room because it annoys me. True, I can get worked up about video games, but not to the point where I'm cussing and huffing. Then he wonders why I don't stay long to watch him play Halo online.

3. Dirty dishes in the bedroom - plates, silverware, and a MILLION glasses. He is working on this one, and it has greatly improved. Now he will at least bring them down to be washed every couple of days. I can live with that.

4. Laundry. Please, just put it in the hamper and attempt a load or two a week. He will dirty every piece of clothing he owns (5x more than me, no exaggeration) until it fills up every nook and cranny. Then he'll wash a load or two (that's all). I finally caught him completely up when he went camping two weeks ago, ironing and all. In return, he went through and got rid of two trash bags full of things he doesn't need or wear anymore, and they are headed to Goodwill.

I'll give him credit on this one. I've offered to help with his laundry since I work from home. I've explained it's not hard on me to throw in a load. He just has a hard time with someone else helping him on this because he's always done it, but he's working on it.

Compliments:

1. He always always always puts the toilet seat down. In the 6 years we've been together, I've never once fallen in. :)

2. He's a great help around the house. He helps with dishes, sweeping, mopping, bathrooms, etc. He learned my cleaning routine and now helps out without me having to ask. He even cleans his bathroom "the right way." :)

3. He never shirks on pet duties. He always helps take the dog out, and in the winter he pretty much does this on his own since I am such a wimp about the cold. :)

4. He tells me all the time how excited he is to be married, and how he already thinks of me as his wife. (Accidently filled me out as his spouse on his passport application this past weekend). :)

3. The change thing. There's something else. It's not necessarily a fault but it's kind of weird. He almost never uses coin when purchasing something. He'll round it up to the next dollar and put the change in his pocket, bringing it home for me to clean out of his jeans. Then I put the change in a Cool Whip dish by our bed and it collects until the dish can't hold anymore. One time he turned in the change at the bank for dollars and got $80-some back.
This I love! I didn't know anyone else did this. It's a method I use to save money. I purposely won't use change or singles when paying for items. Those $1 bills and change add up quickly!

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
mismodliz said:
For example, when he makes a sandwich, he leaves the cheese wrap and the knife gooped up with mayo on the counter with all of the bread crumbs.
OH my gosh! I forgot about the cheese wrapper! EVERY time he makes a sandwich it is left out on the counter when I get home!

·
Registered
3,522 Posts
mismodliz said:
1. For example, when he makes a sandwich, he leaves the cheese wrap and the knife gooped up with mayo on the counter with all of the bread crumbs.
This is my husband....I think he is just LAZY!
My husband does not lift 1 finger where housework is concerned.
He FARTS all night!
I have to sleep in my own bedroom!
I am serious!

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
shlanon said:
Slip some Beano in his dinner. :)
Oh, my! That reminds me. When we were all in college, Eric had this roommate who did nothing but fart and be proud of it. Finally someone (and I'm still not sure who) went online and ordered him beano and had it sent to him directly. LOL :p

1 - 20 of 60 Posts