Cat Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi catforum,

as I've mentioned on other threads, I really a first time cat owner. I have been the "step parent" so to speak for cats in previous relationships, but the two cats we have are my first full time cats.

I'm worried because Marcie, my 2 year old cat that I adopted from the shelter is not eating well. I'm not sure if it's normal for an adult cat to eat very small amounts...But Marcie hasn't had more than a couple mouth fulls of kibble or a quarter serving of wet food in a day.

She came to live with us on Friday afternoon. She lived in the shelter for approx 1 year prior, and was happy and well adjusted there.

Is it just stress? Am I an overly worried mum? Is she unhappy here? Should she be taken to a vet?

She begs for food, and acts interested, but never actually eats the food. She even turned down tuna fish, which I thought was a cat favorite.

· Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for your advice. Marcie ate quite a bit of food today! I'm so happy! She was crying and begging in the kitchen so I fed her, and she licked the plate clean and then begged for more :)

I will be monitoring her closely. If she doesn't continue eating well I'm definitely taking her to the vet.

I am trying to feed her what the shelter suggested was the favorite wet food of the cats at the shelter. However, there's no way of knowing what they actually ate on a daily basis, because the majority of the food is either donated or purchased in bulk with coupons.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.