Cat Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
611 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm trying to help my niece out. I may not have the whole story right, but I'll try...

2 years ago my niece and her husband got a 2nd cat, Jackie (female). Jackie does not seem to care for their male cat, Stanley. She sometimes uses the box, and sometimes pees on the carpet. She's had him medically checked out okay.

We're not sure if shes either not using the box, or marking. They've tried a more confined space with the same result.

I've suggested 2 things. 1. If she's marking, try Nature's Miracle or something similar. 2. If she's not using the box, try Dr Elsey's Cat Attract litter.

Kinda of stumped since we're not sure why she sometimes does/sometimes does not use the box. They've got a pretty big house, 3 or 4 boxes ALWAYS kept clean.

Any thoughts?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Make sure the litter is spotlessly clean! I have 1 cat that will leave 1 poop in the box, then get out for the second half of his poop.

·
Registered
5,462 Posts
Maybe it's the location of the boxes. Most cats prefer a more "private" place to do their business. If the boxes are all together, or in a high traffic or busy area of the house, this may be a deterrent to her. Also they shouldn't be kept close to the food dishes. Where does Jackie like to rest?...put a box not too far away. If Stanley is bugging her while Jackie's using the box, that can be a reason why she doesn't want to get in it. It can make her feel too vulnerable.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts