Cat Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I'm Leo & my better half is Claudia, we're new here having just found the site recently. We both love cats & we have a pair of 7 mo olds that we got from shelter 5 mos ago. We don't have kids & had just bought a much larger home & thought it was time to be pwned so we adopted these 2, now they own us. The calico is female & we call her rose cause she's roses or thorns, true calico style. The other is male, tabby, we call him lucky because rose is sure he is. They both have a ton of personality & we thought we'd share a couple photos w/you guys, we love this section of the site & enjoy seeing everybody's cats here.

This is her fav place, we haven't even finished the bathroom yet but she's claimed the sink as hers. Mrs & I use the other one. He's scared of water but watches her. she loves the water, oh yeah, & the mirror.

Well, that's our kittys, we have more pics if you like them. Thanks for having us, pls comment if you wish, nice to meet everybody. :luv

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
They look like a fine and attractive pair. I like the way he's posed watching her. All you have to do now is wait until they discover what fun the TP can be. :D Zenobi (RIP) liked to drink the dripping water, Missy doesn't go near it.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
here's an earlier pic, they're just younguns here

back then they were almost the same size. Now he's twice as big as her but no doubt, she rules.

·
Registered
334 Posts
They are adorable! My male cat loves water too. During the summers, I put a small plastic baby pool on my screened in porch, with just enough water to cover his paws, and let him go to town. He absolutely loves it.

·
Registered
534 Posts
They're adorable! I LOVE calico's (have 2 of my own) I find they have the biggest cattitudes, lol. Love your bathroom, BTW!

·
Registered
6,958 Posts
Wow! They are both adorable and that first picture is a classic. Are they siblings, or did you just happen to adopt them both at the same time?

And your bathroom I would kill for. That stone work is gorgeous!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Welcome! You kitties are precious! I love that first picture where he's sitting up. :) And your bathroom is gorgeous! That's the same style we'd like to do our house in some day.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I couldn't get back till now but thank you everybody the warm welcome & I'll respond in turn now. JusJim - thank you & yeah the tp, they haven't discovered it yet but I dread it. Sorry about Zenobi, the worst part of love is losing it. Yes kwarendorf, although they play graba$$ a fair bit & sometimes it gets heated, I try to let them sort it out & generally they're a good pair, mostly he'll flip out if he can't find her around, he's got it bad. She's all MissDiva, don't make her mad, lol. Thanks Kattt, we do adore these little guys. & I might just get something bigger for her to play/swim in, Ii guess it's a some do/some don't thing. I never knew that. Thank you cat4nat & P&R & yes the calicos, I grew up w/cats but never a calico & she's so special, a real Paris Hilton. Hi October, thanks for having us. No, they're not related but birthdays are close & we got them both from the same organization, as kittens was fortunate I think. We wanted kittens, got lucky. Thank you the welcome morgana24, it's comforting to find there's other people as caught up in these animals as us & yeah the 1st pic, he's got 'it' bad. He's the thinker & he still doesn't understand why she gets away w/being up on that counter when we're so strict about the kitchen counter, poor guy just doesn't get it. He sat perf vertical for like 45 secs watching her, I couldn't believe his balance. Thanks darkcat & about the house, it's a barnroofed log home. Older, big. We owned a very modest place & had been saving for awhile. We're car lovers & it was another car or a new home & we found this place & stole it w/the US market conditions being what they are. It needed some work/was by no means a turnkey, so we've been on it 5 mos now & it's really coming around. It's a very special place & we know we're blessed to be so fortunate. We laugh about what the cats would do to us if we moved back to our old place. Hard work can still pay, oppty still exists. The shower was done in that stone when we bought it but the last owner had taken his bathroom sink w/him. Carrying the theme fwd, we did the tongue & groove cabinet by hand & added the stone around the sink. I'd never seen or imagined anything like it. Rose is sure it's right up her alley, she won't even drink out of a bowl anymore.

·
Super Moderator
26,359 Posts
Beautiful cats! Love the meerkat in the first picture.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks DesnBaby, I need to shoot pictures better but in my defense, it's an old camera. I think I need a new one. About the bathroom, yeah, it's a pretty unusual, rustic look, but it fits well w/the rest of the house. The sinks are frosted tempered glass & called 'vessel' & by having 2 we can give one to rose, the wife & I use the one on the left. I appreciate the drinkwell idea, I've never heard of or seen one of those, but I'll look now. I keep thinking she'll get bored w/the sink but it's not yet. The fawcet is called a waterfall & she drinks from the stream or lets it run over her paws & drinks from her paw, she mighta learned that from me. But she'll stick her head under the stream too & sorta 'wash her hair', again, maybe like she's seen us do. I'll try to get a pic of that, it's funny. Lucky just drinks out of a bowl, like regular folks, lol.

·
Registered
7,458 Posts
You have an adorable pair of kitties. We would love to see more pictures of your house- you could do a whole thread of just house and put it in the Lounge.

My parents had a house with a log cabin addition. I have always wanted a full log cabin.

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Hello, your cats are sooo cute! I used to have two calicos and they were great cats. My favorite was Pumpkin Patch and she was like a little baby always cuddling with me at night and loved to be held like one. She loved to give me little kisses (licks) which kinda hurt with that sand paper tongue but she was the sweetest thing ever!! My two calicos passed away earlier this year and I miss them but really enjoyed looking at the pics here. I now have a 2.5 yr. old white with black spots kitty and an orange one just 8 months young, kinda looks like your orange kitty. Anyway, thanks for posting these pics!!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts