Cat Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I'm a new forum user from London. I'm currently cat-less (although hopefully this situation can be remedied soon...). I was looking at the photo gallery section of this site - wow, such gorgeous cats! Anyway, I look forward to getting to know all of you.

·
Premium Member
9,135 Posts
Welcome to Cat Forum. What kind of kitty are you considering getting? There are lots of breeds here and lot of rescues also. I think you will enjoy being here!

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
Welcome to the Forum :D
- you will have fun and learn lots of things like all of us!

·
Registered
2,811 Posts
Welcome to the forums! I bet you'll be getting a cat in no time, especially spending time here!

·
Registered
552 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Take your time searching for the kitty that will adopt you. If you have a particular breed in mind, take the time to study all you can about that breed. Oh yeah, and ask questions here, because there are some great folk here that will enjoy helping you out.

Peace,
Mike

·
Registered
600 Posts
Welcome to the forums..you are where I was at 1 year ago, catless that is.
Like Mike said do some research before adopting a kitty, the more you know the better you two will be for each other..these forums are exceptional, glad to have you here :D

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the warm welcome! I'm probably going to settle for a rescue cat. It would be nice to have a pedigree (my previous cats have been non-pedigrees) but think I'd rather adopt an unwanted cat that deserved a second chance. Besides, there's an RSPCA cat shelter near where I live that my friends and family have had cats from, so I'll start looking there.

·
Registered
600 Posts
That's wonderful of you :D All cats deserve a loving home but a rescue kitty doubly so b/c either her or her ancestors ended up unwanted. People that cares picked her up and now she's waiting for you..who knows you might see a pedigree or mixed cat too, any moggie would do :wink:
Best of luck in finding your kitty

·
Registered
552 Posts
CasablancasChick said:
I'm probably going to settle for a rescue cat. It would be nice to have a pedigree (my previous cats have been non-pedigrees) but think I'd rather adopt an unwanted cat that deserved a second chance.
Good for you! And remember, as Jeanie has pointed out, there are purebreds in the shelters. My Angel is a rescue kitty. I have never regretted the day she adopted me.

Peace,
Mike

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thankyou for your kind wishes! As Jeanie says, you can usually tell when you 'connect' with an animal. I'll keep you updated on what happens!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts