Cat Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi again everyone:

My kitten also refuses to eat wet food. I've tried everything - from Nutro max to Iams to Science Diet. I've even warmed it for her. She only wants dry food and she must eat the wet food!
Any tactics I can use to make her eat it?
Thanks!!!!

·
Registered
122 Posts
You shouldn't warm up the food for her, it should be fed at room temperature. Have you tried mixing a bit of it with her dry food? Perhaps the gradual switch will allow her to become more familiar with the food.

·
Registered
282 Posts
I would defintely try mixing the wet with dry. Also try feeding the wet as breakfast so your kitty is hungry. My girls really like the Wellness flavors, especially the Chicken & Herring.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I do give her the wet food in the morning, and no luck. I will try mixing the dry and wet, and perhaps not leaving any dry food out during the day.
Thanks everyone.

·
Registered
2,451 Posts
If you mix dry and wet, you have to throw it out if it's not eaten right away. Bacteria will form on the surface of the dry food if it get wet and this could be harmful to your kitty. My best suggestion is to try a better quality wet food, and to feed it as the first meal of the day. Put it down for a half hour, and don't watch your cat while she is sniffing it out or she will manipulate you. Put it down and leave it. If you come back in a half hour and none of it has been eaten, put dry food down for a half hour.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts