Cat Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Feral Cat house with removable roof. Two doors, one each end.

Over hanging roof has two purposes. One to block rain getting in door with flap and sleep lofts in the over hangs. Put on platform for feeding and escaping from Predators.

Donated to Equine Voices where we s/n and supply food for 13 cats on the rescue ranch.

House is fully insulated. Board on Platform are the plastic recycled wood which wont rot in the Arizona sun. Redwood used for long lasting endurance.

Keeping the kitties warm even in Arizona!

·
Premium Member
8,627 Posts
WOW Merry! That is an Awesome cat house!! Beautifully done!

·
Registered
10 Posts
That is great. I have some feral cats I would love to build shelter for but was undecided what to do. That's a gee at idea. My concern is how they don't typically like to share space. Do you find they share it? I'm thinking something like that but smaller so they can have there own spaces.

We have feral cat that has taken over our porch and claimed it as his own, making it tough on my indoor/outdoor kitty. I'm thinking if I build him a home away from the porch and start feeding him in it he may "move."

·
Premium Member
9,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
TryingCake, A feral cat house can be as small & simple or big and fancy as you want to make it. It depends on who you are trying to shelter. One cats or a colony of cats and their relationships with each other.

I lived in Pascagoula briefly so I know it get cold even on the Gulf of Mexico!

Here are a couple examples of choices of Feral cat houses:

IndyFeral - Outdoor Cat Shelters and Feeding Stations

Simple. (Ive made this one too!) Quick and easy.

Fancy! Very cool design!

Winter Cat Care: Baby, It?s Cold Outside! | ASPCA Professional

Common practical design that a lot of people make.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.