Cat Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
with the warmer weather right around the corner (please no more snow, i'm sick of shoveling out my colony) i want to get some dishes that will keep the tiny critters out. my colony is located right on the edge of a large wetland preserve in connecticut so ants and slugs are a real pain in the neck, especially since one of my cats takes her sweet time about leaving the "housing area" and coming over to eat.

does anyone have any recommendations?

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks for the recommendations. i will probably get a couple of the bowls since it seems that it would work on the slugs as well.

·
Registered
89 Posts
I think that bowl would scare my two. They are so very suspicious of anything new. I did try putting the dry food dish on another shallow dish with water in it but the cats wouldn't come anywhere near it.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i would have been concerned about that a while back but now, since i have spent a lot of time just hanging out with my colony, i am almost certain that if it is coming from "daddy" they will dig right in.

my guys and have developed a good deal of trust towards me. i can come right up to their houses while they are in them and they don't even move a muscle but if a stranger comes within even 100 feet they take off. with so many jerks in the world i am really glad that they seem to understand that i can be trusted whereas they should be very cautious with other people.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts