Cat Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Note : bob gets flea treatment and he is de wormed regularly

Summer in the uk great for us and not so good for bob we have found out.

He has been out in the garden a lot now with the good weather but his fave place is under our bush.. Which is the perfect place for insects.
Poor thing is covered in scabs which pull our his fur as its trapped so his scratching is giving him tiny bald patches but they are growing in again
I was just petting him and found a lot more as he was out all day today -his choice
He is getting them everywhere, belly, back, tail head even his chest.

We don't want to keep him inside as he wines to get out and really enjoys the garden, we wanted to kow if you can get any cat insect repellant or even DIY collars with a smell insects hate? Anything.. Just feel sorry for him. He is my wee baby :luv
We have just bought them a cat house for the garden and hoping he will use that instead but im not sure and it would be helpfull for later when the midgys come out to play :(

·
Registered
4,060 Posts
Cats are highly chemical-sensitive, so you should not put any type of chemical (or even some "natural" remedies) on him without your vet's recommendation and approval. In the U.S., there are a number of insect repellent products available in retail stores that are highly toxic and have been implicated in the serious illnesses and even deaths of many cats and dogs. I don't know if the same holds true in Edinburgh, but just to be on the safe side, stick with products recommended by your vet.

Laurie

1 - 2 of 2 Posts