Cat Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We've had Bengo for about a month and a half now. But we haven't been able to bond with him like we have with our other cats, including the other kitten we got at the same time. He acts like we don't even exist unless we have a toy in hand. And then he only pays attention to the toy, not us. I'm sure it has something to do with the fact that he started nursing on Zoo and has clearly bonded with her. But he pays us no attention at all. He has never come up to either of us or tried to sit with us or get any kind of attention. The only time he'll let you pet him is if he's asleep. It just makes me sad because we have such strong bonds with all the other kitties. I don't want him to feel like he's left out and it's sad to have a kitten that doesn't feel like he's yours. It seems like Bengo is just there. I almost think he is "slow" or something. It just seems like he doesn't get it. Like this morning, I woke up to all three other kitties in bed with me and they all hung around and played and got their morning petting for almost an hour and a half. I was wondering where Bengo was and when they finally let me out of bed I found him just lying in the middle of the living room floor. Is this just his personality or is there anything we can do?

1 - 1 of 1 Posts