Cat Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can some antibiotics make a cat lose their appetite? It seems like it started the second day she was on her antibiotic, its called baytril, its a pill. I thought it was maybe because she was getting sick of the food shes eating because she keeps begging me and my husband when we're eating anything even if its chocolate. BTW is it safe for cats to eat bread?

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
Antibiotics do frequently make cats nauseous. I found out why a couple of years ago, I got bitten really badly and was in the hospital for 5 days. I still had to take Clavamox when I got out, and I forgot to take it to work with me so I just whipped up a bottle of cat Clavamox and chugged it on down. I couldn't hold anything in my stomach for 3 days, one of which was, unfortunately, Thanksgiving. :oops: So, when cats appear to hate antibiotics and feel lousy on them, they have my utmost sympathy!

Try to give the antibiotics after she's eaten a little bit. The food will buffer the nasty effects on the tummy. Cats can eat bread, but better to eat something like deli turkey or meat baby food.

Cheers,
Dr. Jean

1 - 2 of 2 Posts