Cat Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i want to start giving my cat supplements to help with his chronic skin problems. i know that fatty acids and antioxidants will help, but i am having a hard time finding a brand that has all the "good" stuff in it.

does anyone give their cats antioxidants?

what should i be looking for in a product...there are so many out there!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i already feed him "all natural" canned food like petguard, nature's variety, california natural and natural life to name a few. he seems to have a reaction to chicken so no wellness or innova for him....

i think he needs an extra boost to keep his immune system working the way it should.

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
I think any salmon oil (maybe not the cheapest) is good and the same with antioxidants. I give my cats fishoil, it's already mixed with vitamin E and that's the only antioxidant I add to my cats diet. They're on a homemade raw diet.

If you give salmon oil you have to add some vitamin E since it goes rancid quite quick otherwise.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks,

i grabbed arknaturals royal coat that has borage oil and fish oil in it, but it only has about 10iu of vitamin e in it. i read in a previous thread that dr jean said around 200-400 iu would be good, so i went and got some vitamin e 200iu pills to add as well.

i hope this isn't too much vitamin e....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts